Main Menu

All the Images in TOM FRAME's Memorial Illo

Started by +rufus+, 26 February, 2007, 12:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

I'd happily part with my hard-earned for a copy of the Tom Frame font. Do we know how much it's likely to cost yet?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

+rufus+

Rich, the lovely fella at comicfonts.com, is currently arranging something for Tom's family... (I put them in touch.... all part of the Rufus Comic Outreach trust inc.) maybe drop him a line, and he'll be able to update on price, release date..

:-) rufus

ming

Fantastic stuff, Rufus - thanks for going to all this trouble.  It's great to see the individual images, and there are a lot of touching little details here that couldn't be see in the montage (e.g. Venus Bluegenes' "We've Been Framed" slogan, and Alpha's black armband).  Cheers!

Spikes

Without a search function, a lot of the older threads fade into the background, and then go un-noticed by us relative newcomers, but what a glorious thread this is! A bit of trawling does sometimes find you a bit o' Gold.

Id like to add my (very) belated Congrats to Rufus, and all the artdroids that worked on this fitting tribute to Tom.

hippynumber1

Good thread find Iain. There are some beautiful images here and one or two brought a lump to the old throat...

Nice one Rufus and all who contributed...

Sideshow Bob

A very fitting tribute to Tom....
My ( belated ....5 years ?? ) thanks to you,  Mr Dayglow,  and all the artists who gave up their time to contribute to this....

Very moving, with some truly wonderful images....
Hopefully there may be ( one day ) a compilation into one book of all these Images.....and that would be something I'd definitely buy...
Once again, 
Thank You !!
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

CrazyFoxMachine

Yeah wow I'm not one for necroposts but this is a worthy and stunning effort to revisit. Obviously Ruf won't see this now but it must've been such an effort. I remember this when it was in the prog - and how marvellously glorious and terribly sad it was. Amazing to see the people who chipped in -

For Mr Frame!

Sideshow Bob

CrazyFoxMachine,
Rufus won't see this now, Could you explain, Please ....
I've not gone and put my foot in it again ??...Have I ??
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

CrazyFoxMachine

Not you sir. It's a long story and one not worth repeating now. Safe to say it's not your fault, no.

Jim_Campbell

Sobering to see John Hicklenton's contribution, and still hard to believe he went so young. :-(

Also sad to note that Tom's lettering font never appeared to surface. Anyone looking for a Frame-like quality to their lettering could do worse than invest in a copy of Comicraft's CCMarianChurchland, which is very like Tom's lettering in its tall, thin proportions. I've used it on both of McAuliffe/Boyle's Dark Judgement specials and (I think) everything else I've lettered for Zarjaz/Dogbreath, if anyone wants to see it in action.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm stunned that I missed this the first time. Wow.

DR & Quinch are particularly moving.
Lock up your spoons!

Heath C Ackley

I too had never seen this thread before. A fitting and wonderful tribute.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."