Main Menu

3A Mongrol on sale from February 28th

Started by ming, 24 February, 2011, 11:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Sterlacchini

I love the McMahon design on this.

I can't really justify that much on an action figure personally, though it looks very tempting. I imagine serious figure collectors will snap them up, I have spent 'nearly' as much on bits of plastic in the past.

I think ThreeA are sending Pat Mills one, is Mick McMahon getting one as well? Does he get any official credit on it?

Bodes well for a classic McMahon Dredd? I'd definitely have to shell out for that one.

Nice work.

JOE SOAP

I'm hoping for Ezquerra's Dredd rather than McMahon's.

ming

Quote from: Minty on 26 February, 2011, 08:48:34 PMI think ThreeA are sending Pat Mills one, is Mick McMahon getting one as well? Does he get any official credit on it?

I think Mick is getting one (according to Rufus); great to hear Pat's being taken care of - he can add Mongrol to the Tharg we sent him  :)

McMahon Dredd hopefully on the cards... Ash is a big fan.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 February, 2011, 08:52:47 PM
I'm hoping for Ezquerra's Dredd rather than McMahon's.

Quote from: ming on 26 February, 2011, 09:25:56 PMMcMahon Dredd hopefully on the cards... Ash is a big fan.

He should do both.

ming

Well I want a flary-helmet, big-boot McCarthy Dredd.  And his Brit-Cit counterpart.

Pete Wells

Well, tonight's the night! Typically my boy went to a gig last night, fell over and had us in casualty till 1.30am, then the little un had a crappy night's sleep and had me up at 6am.

It's gonna be matchsticks under the eyes tonight as I'm getting no sympathy from Mrs Pete who doesn't understand why I'm staying up till, quote "God knows what time spending God knows how much on a toy on a work night!" She may have a point  :D

ming

There should be no hurry with Mongrol, Pete - should be up for at least 24h... Maybe longer if this holds true:

"While most threeA toys go on sale for limited periods, Mongrol's ordering window is to be left open – giving fans of both 2000 AD and stunning-looking toys a much better chance to get their hands on this fantastic piece."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31020

Are you 3AA, Pete?

Pete Wells

QuoteAre you 3AA, Pete?

Nah, wasn't it about $150? I know this is great value for 3A collectors but I'm only going to get the 2000AD stuff. With the length of time between figures, I doubt discount-wise I'd have made my money back.

As for the 24 hour window, I wanna Black Hole version, I think he's way cooler! I'll be there at 1am dammit!

willthemightyW

Again. I wish I had the money. Did you say 1/6th bruce lets you pay in installments ming?
And also, this is a very stupid question, there is nothing on the bambaland store website, I'm assuming they only put stuff up when something new comes out.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

willthemightyW

$250 is about £150 or something at the moment right? Well, if one sixth bruce lets you pay in installments I hope he picks up mongrol. I think if there is one to really splah out on fore me it would be dredd, or Johnny alpha, or rogue, or hammerstein, or joe pineapples. :(
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

IndigoPrime

Yeah, $250 is about £150, although where are these shipped from? If they're imported, you'll also likely get hit for import duty (or at least VAT at 20%).

Mikey

Yeah, you might get snagged by customs, you might not.

I'll check this out at 3A, but if anyone is hankering after Mongrol I can pick up a second and I'll take payment by installments for the actual cost to me, but of course you'd have to add on postage from me to you.

I'll check on that...anyone interested, it's first come first served!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

JOE SOAP

I always find that anything coming from the East never gets stopped at Irish customs.

ming

Quote from: willthemightyW on 27 February, 2011, 12:01:04 PM
Again. I wish I had the money. Did you say 1/6th bruce lets you pay in installments ming?
And also, this is a very stupid question, there is nothing on the bambaland store website, I'm assuming they only put stuff up when something new comes out.

Things only appear at Bambaland when the sale is on, so 0900 Hong Kong time will see the appearance of Mongrol.

As for One Sixth Bruce, I'm pretty sure he'll be stocking Mongrol, so email him (onesixthbruce(at)gmail.com) or send him a message via Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/OneSixthBruce/329989274584) and get some details... Likely to be some months before retailers get there Mongrol stock, but maybe not that long (supposed to be shipping from Bambaland in May).

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 February, 2011, 12:13:53 PM
Yeah, $250 is about £150, although where are these shipped from? If they're imported, you'll also likely get hit for import duty (or at least VAT at 20%).

Customs charges vary; some get hit, some don't - one thing about 3A: the declared value on the box is always helpful!  ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

I see Commission King is up, I wonder why  :lol: