Main Menu

Judge Dredd vs. The Big Two!

Started by robocook, 28 December, 2011, 11:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robocook

No, sorry, but I don't remember seeing that one. I don't think I have it.

robocook

Spikes

Early thrills indeed, lovely stuff though! That cover always made me chuckle -  its such a fib!
Ahh, if only Mach 1 had  fought Nazi Zombies in that issue,  :D

Greg M.

That's what I was thinking - if he'd done more of that, he'd probably still be in the prog today. A hell of a cheekily misleading tagline though.

robocook

ming

Quote from: robocook on 27 May, 2012, 08:46:30 AM

Classic Brett Ewins anybody?

http://secret-oranges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/another-for-squaxx-dek-thargos.html

Well, if you're offering... And I'm happy to cover postage!  ;)

Fantastic stuff.  Again; thanks for sharing these.  Keep 'em coming, Steve.

These pieces really need to be compiled in a book - the quality of these is stunning and the art deserves to be shown off.  I still can't get over the difference between the production art and the print versions I'm so used to.

Colin YNWA

Yeah hoping the Dredd covers book does something like that, showing these pieces in all their vivid glory.

ming

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 27 May, 2012, 02:07:00 PM
Yeah hoping the Dredd covers book does something like that, showing these pieces in all their vivid glory.

Well it should.  But I don't think it will, unfortunately.  Hope I'm wrong...

robocook

I've seen the pdf of cover choices for that actually. Was asked to chose and comment on my favourite. I chose a Bolland.

ming

Were you asked in your capacity as art editorial droid or in a 'can we have a shufty at your production art collection to make sure we get the best possible quality in the book' way..?

I'll definitely pick the book up, but it'd be a crying shame not to see it take advantage of your Thrill Cupboard.

robocook

Just as art droid, I guess. No mention of my collection.

ming

Aw, crap.  I'd be surprised if existing colour reproductions come anywhere close to the quality available from your collection, at least for the majority of earlier stuff.  Black and white is less of an issue I guess; the old Titan collections usually had decent B&W repros of covers, anyway.

So, Steve - book deal for your art collection, or a dedicated wing of the Tate?

It deserves proper appreciation, anyway.

robocook

Actually I was asked just after your question and my answer, but I don't have the ones featured in the book anyway - except for one, which is probably going to stick out like a sore thumb. There are ways to make the bog-paper covers look good, but it would take time.