Main Menu

New Judge Dredd Partwork! (Judge Dredd Mega Collection)

Started by iutley, 04 September, 2014, 09:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

dweezil2

How many times can one buy the same story?
Many times, as it happens!
These look lovely!   :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Steve Green

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 04 September, 2014, 09:59:00 AM
Looking at the subscriber incentives- Is that a replica of the Termight Dredd Badge?

It looks like it.

Could be it's a plastic, smaller version though, a bit like the one that came taped to the front of one of the Dredd collections.

amines2058

Are there any free gifts with the retail version, and is it actually on sale yet??
If so I will be popping in the supermarket on my way home if I can traverse the police infested, traffic nightmare NATO fest that is Newport.  :(

James Stacey

Free gifts tend to be sent once you sub. The price of the first is supposed to be the incentive at the start. Is Newport bad today? The scaremongering appears to have led Cardiff to be dead on the roads.

Steve Green

The badge is only if you reply within 10 days, not sure if that's from now or not, considering it hasn't been officially announced.

The whole enterprise sounds like a great idea, with the question of 'what do I start with' cropping up regularly.

iutley

I picked up my copy this morning from a Martins newsagent in deepest darkest Dorset. They only had 3 copies in though...

strontium71

I've had to subscribe , as no shops around here , including Bristol Forbidden Planet have it in stock. I was told that it's one of those limited area releases to 'test the waters'.
...because I hate you.

amines2058

Quote from: James Stacey on 04 September, 2014, 11:52:32 AM
Free gifts tend to be sent once you sub. The price of the first is supposed to be the incentive at the start. Is Newport bad today? The scaremongering appears to have led Cardiff to be dead on the roads.
Hi James. Newport not to bad at moment, but I imagine it will get progressively worse (if that is possible) once the protests and convoys of bigwigs start. I imagine this afternoon and rush hour to be fun!

Proudhuff

Some nice stuff there, strange choice of spine image right enough. Hopefu8lly this means more pennies for artists and writers?
DDT did a job on me

J.Smith

Oh, I have to say that I am tempted for the sake of having these in hardback alone, and I know they're of pretty good quality from the several Marvel books I own by them.

But as someone pointed out, I also heard that they began a secondary collection without finishing the first, all without informing subscribers; and I'm sure I also came across a thread somewhere of people having difficulty getting refunds from the company for these new books they didn't agree to, which doesn't put me in mind of a trustworthy company. Can understand that that's all business but I would hate to subscribe to this and suddenly get bombarded with a new series I hadn't asked for, whilst the one I did agree to is put on hold or whatever.

I, Cosh

Oh God. Buy the first four just so I can get I Am The Law bookends for the Case Files shelf?
We never really die.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Pete Wells

Aw bollocks, I've bit.  :o

When I've got the whole lot I'm going to take photographs of the spines lined up in the wrong order. Just to torture you all.