Main Menu

North Korea - are we a little bit scared, or not?

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 09 April, 2013, 03:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

So, what's the Hive Mind thoughts on this? I remember the early 80s, with its leaflets about buiding nuclear shelters from doors in your house and childish plans for what mutations I'd like. Now, I have the same creeping unease combined with a bit of incredulity. I mean, surely the world won't let a bampot nation hold it to ransom?

Lock up your spoons!

Goaty

Jim_Campbell

How are the share prices of Samsung, Hyundai and LG?

When the money starts to move out of Korean-based stock in serious volume, that's the time to really start worrying.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

von Boom

I'd be more worried that the U.S. will decide to go in pre-emptively but not fast enough to stop them from launching.

COMMANDO FORCES

If another country wants to have nuclear weapons then who are we to stop them, it's their business and nobody elses. I say that we should just ignore them and get on with our lives and have fun.

Van Dom

Im supposed to be going back to Japan next month.....tickets paid for an all........liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit anxious...
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Daveycandlish

I'm not bothered - they're bloody miles away. And if they did strike us? I'm a Geordie - we'e used to barren wastelands and crap weather
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Ghastly McNasty

It's just posturing. I'm sure they wouldn't be dumb enough to actually do anything.

IAMTHESYSTEM

The general line is that Kim whatever-his -name is trying to impress his Army/Security apparatus by saber rattling at the South,the UN and the Yankee Imperialist.

Hopefully this is just a sign of  'settling down' nerves and Kim whatisname's not some despotic loony intent on blowing up parts of Asia for the glory of North Korea.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

sheldipez

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 09 April, 2013, 04:57:15 PM
If another country wants to have nuclear weapons then who are we to stop them, it's their business and nobody elses. I say that we should just ignore them and get on with our lives and have fun.

Just because you want the DreddUniverse to become a reality

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

Spikes

Bit scared? Yeah, kinda. Though id forgotten about it all, the last couple of days.

Edit: I like that GIF that Goatys posted.

Zarjazzer

I'm no armchair expert pontificating about what the new dear leader is doing but i'm sure he is trying to summon the krazy kharmic cosmic kat via a nuclear war.

I know i've tried that.

And the cosmic kat might mistake him for a tub of lard.
Don't say zarjazzer didn't warn you.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

moly

Well they did tell diplomats to leave by the 10th so we might find out tomorrow

Mattofthespurs

Not in the slightest.
It's like Cheltenham coming to White Hart Lane saying they were going to duff us up.
You'll have to bring more than a mini bus full to do that.
Sleeping soundly thank you very much.