Main Menu

Reader since prog 7

Started by Sinx, 16 August, 2018, 11:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinx

I think that was my first prog. Used to read the Dandy before that  :D

On and off in the last 20 years (My Dok - where does the time go?). I tend to buy in spurts when the art or story particularly intrigues me.

sheridan

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard

Be interesting to hear what stories have pulled you back recently.

Sinx

I'm pretty sure it was Prog 8 - I remember a dinosaur on the cover which definitely caught my eye!

Sinx

As for current stories :

The one about the drunk, 80-a-day policeman investigating the paranormal (did he have cancer as well?) - sorry can't remember the title. Amazing art though
Fall of Deadworld - this was really horrific and sinister which is not easy to achieve in comics

I'm sure there are others but I tend to go on buying sprees to FP in London then miss about 5 issues and have to pick it up during new stories

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Quote from: Sinx on 17 August, 2018, 04:00:13 PM
As for current stories :

The one about the drunk, 80-a-day policeman investigating the paranormal (did he have cancer as well?) - sorry can't remember the title. Amazing art though

The Series is called Absalom, with the many character's name is Harry Absalom. The are is done by Tiernen Trevallion. If you like his art he has a strip that is running in the Judge Dredd Megazine No 398-399 called Strange Brigade.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tjm86

I tend to go on buying sprees to FP in London

Someone once said that FP is where folks go until they discover real comic shops.  Granted London is nowhere near the place it was in the halcyon days of the late 80's / early 90's but GOSH and Orbital still leave FP in the dust.  Megacity is also worth a visit from time to time.

Sinx

It's just habit.

I went to Orbital a few months back to do one of their themed life drawing evenings. Coincidentally, it was the evening I discovered that Instagram wasn't just a repository of z list nobodies taking bikini selfies and actually a number of artists I love were posting stuff to it.

sheridan

Quote from: Tjm86 on 17 August, 2018, 09:48:01 PM
I tend to go on buying sprees to FP in London

Someone once said that FP is where folks go until they discover real comic shops.  Granted London is nowhere near the place it was in the halcyon days of the late 80's / early 90's but GOSH and Orbital still leave FP in the dust.  Megacity is also worth a visit from time to time.

Not my local comic shop since I moved, but I'm sticking with Mega City Comics as my regular comic shop - they still had copies of the grey-scale Glenn Fabry 2000ad cover from last year last time I ventured into the older comics part of the shop.