Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2020

Started by Bolt-01, 23 January, 2020, 02:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Large48

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 27 September, 2021, 01:12:17 PM
Barring something really horrendous happening with the covid numbers or a horrific new variant, I should be at TB this year. Not in any official droid-y capacity, just wandering around as a punter. If you spot an ageing goth in big boots and a black hat, that'll almost certainly be me.

"If you spot an ageing goth in big boots and a black hat, that'll almost certainly be me." not sure that's going to narrow it down much with the 2K crew..... :-)
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Large48 on 11 November, 2021, 01:53:48 PM
"If you spot an ageing goth in big boots and a black hat, that'll almost certainly be me." not sure that's going to narrow it down much with the 2K crew..... :-)

Oh, trust me — I am officially the Gothest Man In Comics™. My hat is blacker and my boots bigger than any of the pretenders to the crown. :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Timothy

Well I enjoyed that. Sad that there was no 2000ad official presence though.

Hawkmumbler

I had wondered that, a shame but as they've been a pillar of the event since pretty much day one i'd be surprised if its a forever change.
Fingers crossed the toothy crew will return next year.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 November, 2021, 01:58:11 PM
Oh, trust me — I am officially the Gothest Man In Comics™. My hat is blacker and my boots bigger than any of the pretenders to the crown. :-)

Got some work to do this morning, but I should get back to the con around lunchtime. Spent some very pleasant time with our very own Dandontdare and Hawkmumbler yesterday, but if any of you are there this afternoon and you do clock me, please say hello. Here's a photo of me and Firefly/Dega artist Dan McDaid for identification purposes. :-)

Dandontdare

My best purchase of the weekend:

TB was definitely back on full, if perhaps a little bit muted, lot of familiar faces missing and as mentioned, zero Rebellion presence (apart from the beer of course). Still great to catch up with Jim, Hawkmumbler, Crazyfoxmachine & the Boyles. Had a brief chat with Guy and said hello to Eamonn as we passed crossing the street in opposite directions, but I never found him again. Won some lovely Fiends of the Eastern Front pages in the Doodles for Dave raffle (there were sooooo many sketches)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 November, 2021, 10:58:16 PMStill great to catch up with Jim, Hawkmumbler, Crazyfoxmachine & the Boyles.

It was. Thanks for being such great company, DDD. I wander round these things wracked with imposter syndrome and it's only being able to sit with folks like you and have a pint that makes me want to go. Hopefully, I'll see you at some point next year. Lawless, maybe...? :-)

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 November, 2021, 10:58:16 PM

I've ordered some of this online, is it any good?
You're a dark horse, Boots.

pauljholden

Ah man, it'll feel like sacrilege sticking those cans in the recycling...

matty_ae

Quote from: pauljholden on 22 November, 2021, 02:30:09 PM

PJ - the label is designed to be removed and stuck in a book. It sort of peels of and you keep it with all the others.
It's pretty slick. So no Jock in the bin.

Dandontdare

Not tried them yet - planning to drink one and keep one (until the next time it's midnight on Friday and I want just one more beer..).

The can definitely would not be recycled - was thinking of filling it with sand or plaster and keeping it on my shelf, but I didn't know the labels were peelable.

pauljholden

Quote from: matty_ae on 22 November, 2021, 04:32:37 PM
Quote from: pauljholden on 22 November, 2021, 02:30:09 PM

PJ - the label is designed to be removed and stuck in a book. It sort of peels of and you keep it with all the others.
It's pretty slick. So no Jock in the bin.

oh that's awesome then!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 November, 2021, 10:58:16 PM

I've ordered a couple of these after reading they're peelable ... two of my favourite things together!!!

I'm glad I don't collect beer cans after going on thjeir website!!
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

.. and the bad news is it is now sold out