Main Menu

Have you got them all? How do you store them?

Started by judgerussell, 07 March, 2014, 08:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombo

Whenever a thread like this pops up I always trot out my own pearl of wisdom - 2000AD's post Prog 1033 fit very nicely into the 9 litre Really Useful Box, about 70 at a time.  1033 to 1849 take up eleven boxes.  You can get about thirty Megazines or almost all of the Meg Floppies in one as well.

Magnetica

Forgot to mention I few other things I also have:

- all the issues of Diceman - which I highly reccomend. Don't be put of by the dice game (as per Tomb of Terror) - these are a good read in their own right. Especially the Slaine one which features the three aspects of the Earth Godess Danu.

- the Metalzoic graphic novel. As much as I love Kev O'Neill's artwork, I found the b&W version published in the Prog hard to follow. The full colour GN is much clearer.

- the original Killing Joke. Highly recommended for all fans of Brian Bolland and Alan Moore.

- a few issues of Toxic (not sure what this forum makes of those - but it was by the likes of Mills and O'Neill).

Hawkmumbler

Not even close! Every prog and most megs since 2011 but no further. :lol:

Bat King

Missing some through accidental damage :(

Will plug all the gaps sometime but not now.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

judgerufian

All the progs, painstakingly bought over 20+ years from my original collection of issues 350 ish onwards (had some odd ones before then)
All the megs, not such a painto plug my Vol 2 and 3 gaps  (though the annoying numbering system did drive me a bit mad on ebay)
All the annuals and yearbooks and some US comics

All stored in pastic Ikea or really useful boxes (30 and counting) in the garage in a shelf stacking system. The boxes were sorted into numerical order during the august bank holiday 2 years back which was a glorious 5 hours of prog cover gazing.

Though I will be moving to a non garage house in a month and thats when the headache will begin!

judgerussell

I'm moving house soon, so I'm really not looking for to boxing up my thousands of comics. I will probably use those small ikea cardboard boxes. There's no point using big boxes, I'll never be able to lift them. Lol.

I am looking forward to building a new shelving system to display them though.

Buttonman

I have all Progs, Megs, annuals and sci-fi specials in a variety of banker's boxes in the attic that in all likelihood won't see the light of day again. Trades and case files mean it's unusual a specific Prog is needed and if it is the moment usually passes before I can be bothered getting the ladders out. The creation of The Beast was the last time each was thumbed and what a long experience that was.

I also have all of the new Eagle to the point Bobby became Computer Warlord and invited readers to write in and join the games, Max became a spy and Doomlord got a chat show. That shark must have been dizzy having been jumped over so often!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: judgerussell on 08 March, 2014, 10:24:16 AM
Cellar of Dredd, shed of Dredd..... what's next? Lol.

bedroom of brigand doom?
garage of savage?
hall of bec and kawl?
cave of big Dave?
cant think of any more.

The Bog of Strontium Dog?

The boudoir of Devlin Waugh?

The Mini Cooper of Rogue Trooper?

er...

Recrewt

Ha!  I'm nowhere near either.  I have got about 400 from the 90s and then the ones since I started reading again last year. 

I think it would be amazing to have them all but the cost and storage issues are a bit worrying.  What with stuff being easily available through the case files and other tpbs, I do wonder if I will ever have a complete prog collection.  :(

amines2058

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 11 March, 2014, 02:18:49 PM

bedroom of brigand doom?
garage of savage?
hall of bec and kawl?
cave of big Dave?
cant think of any more.

er...

Keep it simple. You could just have an Anderson Shelter!

Dandontdare

Quote from: amines2058 on 11 March, 2014, 03:38:50 PM

bedroom of brigand doom?
garage of savage?
hall of bec and kawl?
cave of big Dave?
cant think of any more.

er...

Winner!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: amines2058 on 11 March, 2014, 03:38:50 PM

bedroom of brigand doom?
garage of savage?
hall of bec and kawl?
cave of big Dave?
cant think of any more.

er...

:lol:

ZenArcade

All progs set out on shelves, Megs, annuals/yearbooks, specials, Starlords and Crises still to be shelved.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

judda fett

Ok, all progs from early 400's (minus a few from the darkest dark age) and shitloads of pre 400 but with gaps all ovet the place. These along with all the megs minus their dark age  either at my flat or my mums house, early ones correctly numbered and boxed but later ones in sporadic piles or boxes in no sequence.
All Crisis boxed and kept at me Ma's along with Deadlines, Toxic, Revolver, Heartbreak Hotel, 2000AD specials/ Best of etc.
Most Twoth/ Dredd annuals/ yearbooks, Starlord 1980 annual on a shelf ay my flat.
Wish I had the space and time to go through/ catalogue and store them properly.

shaolin_monkey