Main Menu

Brendan McCarthy or Massimo Belardinelli - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 May, 2021, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Crunch match. Times have been hard for Current Team and they find themselves in the wake of Classic Team by a margin that feels hard to pull back already. So time for them to pull out one of their really big guns. Even if Brendan McCarthy did go out in the 2nd Round of the Current Tourney it was to the eventual winner so his form is hard to read. But dagnabbit the moment they do this look what Classic hit back with a Quarter Finalist from their own tourney.

Both Brendan and Massimo are more than capable of producing magnificent, surreal, mind bending art. So I guess the question is which psychedelic wonderscapes rock your boat the most?... or do you just like bald men with beards in your art?

Time for you to decide your favourite as the droids square up to the tee...

Brendan McCarthy - more info

OR

Massimo Belardinelli - more info

Remember for this tourney you have 5 votes to distribute as you please between these two artists, whole numbers only. So you can vote 5 - 0; 4 - 1; or 3 - 2; either way depending on how much more you like one artist's work over the other.

If you can't be doing with that just name your favourite - remember bold tags, or other ways of highlighting always appreciated - and I'll give them 3 votes and nowt to the other droid.

Three day votes, so this one ends morning of Friday 14th May

Remember we only consider work for Tharg in these Tourneys

What the heck is all this about - well we have a thread for that

How does this new voting work? Look here and why again?

I don't understand how this works, what are the rules of the Ryder Cup - yep got ya covered there too

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up. Most importantly have fun!

rogue69

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

If only we could give half points, these two would get equal billing.

As it is, and this could be reversed on a different day: Massimo Belardinelli 3, Brendan McCarthy 2.

AlexF

Of course B Mac is very much current, but he's got (big, wide) feet in the 'classic' pool too. Anyway, Massimo for the drawings, McCarthy for the colours,and, overall, I guess...
McCarthy 3, Belardinelli 2

Tomwe

sheridan

Sean SD

Magnetica

I love early Brendan McCarthy on Dredd, really dislike Zaucer.

Massimo is an absolute legend.

Brendan 2 : 3 Massimo

Rogue Judge

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Funt Solo

Ode To My Olde Brain

My olde brain,
it ... something ...
uhm ... you know ...
hang on ... gimme a sec ...
uhm ...

Tempting to try and break the rules and get away with spending six points, but yes, please, Colin - it's meant to be a 4 : 1.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++