Main Menu

Dom Reardon Cabals Cover....please!

Started by DavidXBrunt, 25 June, 2005, 05:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

Clint Langley again? I mean, it's not even a nice cover. Is it just that Dom is so busy churning out the dozen episodes of Cabals we get a year?

Hmmmm.

The Amstor Computer

Oh, for crying out loud...

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/mediumres/1445.jpg">

Tharg - why, when every other artist seems to get the chance to do the covers for their stories, can't you just commission Dom to do one for Caballistics?

BTW - is it just me, or is Verse shitting out Langley's signature?

Adrian Bamforth

Surely there's a Photoshop filter that does everything Langley does by now?

ADE

The Amstor Computer

I think we're still waiting on a "Bad Anatomy" filter, but apart from that...

;-)

Steamboy

well, I think that cover rocks(I cant believe I just said Rocks) but we do get a bit of Langly overload sometimes.

CU Krestel

Carlsborg Expert

Sorry D.I cannot make it to Sashas as I have commited myself to a jam on Saturday.(TODAY!)

On top of of that bombshell I have no idea what the running time of it is.

Ive even let girlfriend No.1 down by dismissing a viewing of Starwars part3(TODAY)EVEN.

So.

If you are there I want you to know I miss the browse.
Cheers

Tony.

>

Carlsborg Expert

Oh and as far as covers are concerning Caballistrix, I would say Tharg and Co. are maintainig an " untouchable " new prodegy boundary around Dom Reardon.

When I spoke to him in Bristol he seemed to wither from any suggestion that he may diversify his illustrative talents.

I would have let it be if I had not seen his fantastic pencil of Doctor Brand.

Carlsborg Expert

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/susanne2005/03jonathan.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">">

Carlsborg Expert

I know.

Im a c***.

"Everybody dies." [insert alcoholic aboveness,there

Link: " target="_blank">

Carlsborg Expert

Bart Oliver

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/susanne2005/03jonathan.jpg>
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Endjinn

I'd rather Tharg had him doing even more pages of new Cabs stories (which surely have to be upgraded to the 6-pages-in-a-prog status) than doing covers....

Still, maybe we'll get a good one for the collection. Which. cannot. come. quick. enough.

Buddy

Cabs is consistantly the best thing in 2000ad and has been since it started. It's always a pleasure to read and the artwork just gets better and better. (Is it collected yet? That's a book I'd gladly part with cash for)

How long before Dom gets fed up with the piss poor 2000ad page rate (which aparently hasn't risen in about 15 years, 15 YEARS!!) and gets the nod from DC and is offered a book like Hellblazer (Dom would be SO good at Hellblazer, his style is perfectly suited to it, as was Jock when he did that one issue) or a book like Swampthing or Sandman or another Vertigo book.

In fact I think The Rennie and Dom would make a crackin team on Hellblazer.

So, what's my point? (yeah, Umpty what's your point).

Well it's this, enjoy Dom on Calabalistics while you can 'cos he ain't gonna be hanging around for too much longer.

Lord Running Clam

Thats a nice cover and all,but I get the feeling he just took a slaine shot and stuck on a pigs head.

I,d love to see Dom Reardon do a prog cover or a different story inside the prog.I also think he'd be brilliant on Swampthing.

Dark Jimbo

Just out of interest, then, what is the current 2000ad page rate?
@jamesfeistdraws