Main Menu

Prog 1445: Tartan Terror

Started by Artificial Idiot, 27 June, 2005, 07:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Ewing

I'm saving those words for my 600-page epic graphic novel 'WILLY BUM POO POO'.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Carlsborg Expert

Late Night Sentiments
Perhaps it may sound to something morbid - however these two rat-sharp killers (Gunsharks) are simply condemned cool!! The Irish Finnigan Sinister and Ramone Dexter, the Spanishboy. The two are an unbeatable team that without self irony, with coolen sayings by the life does not ballert itself. A Gemetzel made rare as much for fun! Who imagines now: "my God, again a brainless, moerderischer blutundbeuschel Comic!", in this case will be surprised. Because against all expectations have the Stories of the two still which other one to offer, than only one blood bath. The whole reminds not coincidentally of pulp Fiction. The pictures are phaenomenal, the characters are well expenditure for, which is dialogues funny and intelligently and that the British can tell good stories, know we not only since Shakespeare & CO. A Comic to again and again read!  

Courtesy of 'Late night searchers'.com

Dark Jimbo

"What was that Worldbreaker thing again? Is it Atavar's enemy or his ally? And what happened to that weapon of mass destruction to make it all zombified?"

Okay Ush, here goes my explanation - (not that you'll care if you hate the story, but I happen to love it and it's crazy space-opera-epicness.)

Worldbreaker and Voidshaker are the two champion-constructs (basically big robot-spaceship-creature-god things created by the power of a dying star) of the Binod Union. The Binods are now virtually the last race left in the universe standing against the UOS (the robots, remember them?)

The kalen are all but dead, the only other two  races are dead, and now the wosk too have become zombies in the star-cnacer. It's now just atavar and the binods against the UOS, and to fight for them, cos i get the impression they can't really do it themselves, the Binods built these two giant things to kick ten shades of shit outta the UOS.

While Voidshaker stayed to protect the home front, Atavar and Worldbreaker went off together (yes, as allies) to try and enlist the help of the only other remaining race, the wosk, against the UOS...

...only to find, shock horror, that all the wosk are dead in the giant star-cancer they thought was their god! NOOOOO!! Atavar and Worldbreaker venture into the tumour (um, okay, I honestly still don't quite get that bit) to look for them, only to be attacked by the zombified ranks of wosk.

Atavar lost contact with Worldbreaker during the fight, and probably assumed it was dead. Now it's returned as a zombie, (cos that's what the cancer does to things in it, apparently, like it did the wosk.) They WERE allies, but now it's safe to assume zombie-Worldbreaker's just gonna want to ruck (again, like the wosk.)

Sorted - makes perfect sense now, dunnit? Um...
@jamesfeistdraws

Floyd-the-k

sin dex was fun, I liked the poirotglyphics

Shakara was the best by a mile, but Cabs was good. Am I the only one who sees a continuing Slaine parody approaching?

Dredd is falling short of its' beginning, but still good. That evil assasin type is proving all too fallible. Guthrie's moustache needs a trim.

Byron Virgo

"Atavar and Worldbreaker venture into the tumour (um, okay, I honestly still don't quite get that bit) to look for them, only to be attacked by the zombified ranks of wosk."

Actually, they were going to the 'tumour' because it's where the entire Wosk population had gone, believing it to be their god, and only realised exactly what the thing was when they reached it and discovered the zombie Wosk.

As a side thought, it's be a nice epilogue to the series if we went back to see what happened to the single Wosk who was left behind to caretake his planet, being that all the rest of his race are now dead (or untihinking zombies).

Tiplodocus

Carlsborg - what's "late night searchers"? Did you write that piece?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Carlsborg Expert

No Tips.

I think 'Late night searchers'.com is the name of the site I found the quote on.

Reading it again it seem some one in Middle europe may have written it, as the dialect is quite sweetly reversing.

I may have bookmarked it.So if you;re interested Ill link it up on the board.

Tiplodocus

I found the page - German it would appear.

Looks like they've already had half a dozen or so 46 page collections printed but never made it to the end.

Carlsborg, I always assumed with your boardname that you were Danish.

Link: http://www.emmas-comicworld.at/comicworld/england/" target="_blank">Brush up your German at Emma's Comic World

Be excellent to each other. And party on!