Main Menu

A sequel 65 million years in the making!

Started by Molch-R, 28 February, 2011, 12:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

After more than 30 years, one of very first strips to appear in 2000 AD® is to return in blood-splattering, eon-spanning dinosaur-hunting glory.

Dino-terror classic Flesh is to return to the weekly comic with Prog 1724, out on 9 March.

Written by the series' original creator, Pat Mills, and drawn by James Mckay, the new series is the long-awaited sequel to the much-loved original Flesh – part of the line-up in the very first issue of 2000 AD in 1977.

Penned by Mills and drawn by Spanish artist Boix, Flesh was a futuristic Western where time-travelling ranchers farmed dinosaurs like cattle and sent their meat back to a hungry future.

The dinosaurs fought back and destroyed the Trans-Time base – the new series follows the survivors as, stranded millions of years in the past, they are ordered to drive their herds across the prehistoric American landscape to Texas – where another base promises safety ... and profit!

The new series will premiere with a stunning gatefold cover by Death's Head II and Testament artist Liam Sharp.

Matt Smith, editor of 2000 AD, said:
"Flesh was one of the original strips from the very first issue of 2000 AD in 1977 and while there have been spin off stories, we never found out what happened to the survivors of Trans-Time Base Three.

"It‟s great to see the sequel make it into 2000 AD, 30 years after it first appeared – it's a great strip with some fantastically gory dinosaur action that will appeal to both old fans who read the original and new readers who want comics with some real bite!"

locustsofdeath!

Good stuff. I've been waiting for this. I think Pat mills is going to knock our socks off.

SmallBlueThing

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

I was excited when I first heard about this, I was excited when news grew around the story and I'm excited now its just 5 days away.

I'M EXCITED!

Van Dom

Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Spaceghost

I'm excited about this despite never having read the first series.

Wasn't there a collection of the first 2 Flesh books released? I just had a look on the 2000AD books website and can't see any sign of it.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Tiplodocus

Excited. Nothing says 2000AD like Dinosaurs vs. Time Travelling Cowboys.

But I've gone digital now so have a bit longer to wait for it. (boo hoo).

Incidentally, is this Molch-r's first official post? Do you have two identities now?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Molch-R

No, this is technically my second as I've already announced the impending release of The Viking Dead in the 'Books & Comics' section. My old user ID went the way of all flesh more than a year ago now.

TordelBack

Quote from: Molch-R on 28 February, 2011, 12:51:16 PM
My old user ID went the way of all flesh more than a year ago now.

Does this mean we can expect a sequel in about 30 years' time?   :D

Back on topic, boy oh boy, I cannot wait to feast me eyes on this.

Mikey

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Spaceghost

Does anyone feel like answering my question? I've got money burning a hole in my pocket here and I want some dinosaurs!

Amazon have it listed as released in 2009 but it's unavailable. Anybody know if it's out there?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

TordelBack

Quote from: Lee Bates on 28 February, 2011, 01:43:52 PM
Does anyone feel like answering my question? I've got money burning a hole in my pocket here and I want some dinosaurs!

It exists alright, I've even seen it in the, uh, proverbial -  and while I'd like a copy myself I've held off due to a misprinted page. 

radiator

QuoteI'm excited about this despite never having read the first series.

Wasn't there a collection of the first 2 Flesh books released? I just had a look on the 2000AD books website and can't see any sign of it.

It was released, but now it's out of print. It's getting reprinted this year, but in the chunky Case Files style format (and with a new name: The Dino Files), and the new printing will also include the new series.