Main Menu

A sequel 65 million years in the making!

Started by Molch-R, 28 February, 2011, 12:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

Quote from: radiator on 28 February, 2011, 02:53:54 PM
QuoteI'm excited about this despite never having read the first series.

Wasn't there a collection of the first 2 Flesh books released? I just had a look on the 2000AD books website and can't see any sign of it.

It was released, but now it's out of print. It's getting reprinted this year, but in the chunky Case Files style format (and with a new name: The Dino Files), and the new printing will also include the new series.

Right. I'll be having that.

Sorry to be a pain but could someone give me a brief synopsis of the first series, just so I know I know what's happened before? Cheers.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

locustsofdeath!

Would a more appropriate title for this thread be - 'Prepare to Get Jurasskicked'?

James Stacey

Quote from: Lee Bates on 28 February, 2011, 03:02:58 PM
Sorry to be a pain but could someone give me a brief synopsis of the first series, just so I know I know what's happened before? Cheers.

Dinosaurs, cowboys, Grrr, chomp chomp, yee-ha!

The Enigmatic Dr X

That's a really good synopsis.

In a little more detail:

23rd century Earth is out of meat. So they send cowboys back to cull the dinosaurs (the Real Reason the Dinosaurs Became Extinct!, so said the tagline).

Old Red Eye (One eye?), female leader of a pack of T-Rexes, gets a taste for man-meat and goes on a bloody rampage.

That's about it. The main characters were some non-descript do-gooder and "Claw" Carver, a mean spirited hard son-of-a-gun with a velociraptor claw for a hand (having killed the critter that bit it off).

I'm sure there will be a summary in the prog. But, TBH, it was all about Old Red killing cowboys.

EDIT: Satanus, of Judge Dredd fame, was Old Red's son. But that's a whole lotta continuity chaos right there.
Lock up your spoons!

Rex Banner

'Tis Old One Eye.

We have a goldfish named after her.

Spaceghost

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 28 February, 2011, 03:26:41 PM
That's a really good synopsis.

In a little more detail:

23rd century Earth is out of meat. So they send cowboys back to cull the dinosaurs (the Real Reason the Dinosaurs Became Extinct!, so said the tagline).

Old Red Eye (One eye?), female leader of a pack of T-Rexes, gets a taste for man-meat and goes on a bloody rampage.

That's about it. The main characters were some non-descript do-gooder and "Claw" Carver, a mean spirited hard son-of-a-gun with a velociraptor claw for a hand (having killed the critter that bit it off).

I'm sure there will be a summary in the prog. But, TBH, it was all about Old Red killing cowboys.

EDIT: Satanus, of Judge Dredd fame, was Old Red's son. But that's a whole lotta continuity chaos right there.

Thanks for that. I knew most of that already as it turns out but I thought there may have been other significant stuff that happened.

Anyway, I can't wait for this.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

El Chivo

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 28 February, 2011, 03:05:07 PM
Would a more appropriate title for this thread be - 'Prepare to Get Jurasskicked'?

:D

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Molch-R on 28 February, 2011, 12:10:17 PM
After more than 30 years, one of very first strips to appear in 2000 AD® is to return

Are we forgetting about Legend of Shamana? :-)

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Molch-R

No, that wasn't a sequel, it was a spin-off series. The new Flesh story follows directly on from the original.

SmallBlueThing

I guess same goes for Chronocide. What this is then, is mr mills takin' back what's his- as doesnt this also ignore book 2? I'm all for this, because, despite all flesh series being in my bucket labelled 'top thrills', if this is what it takes to get pat back behind his dinotyper, then im all for it. Flesh is too good an idea not to exploit.
Can't wait.

SBT

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Molch-R on 28 February, 2011, 04:54:40 PM
No, that wasn't a sequel, it was a spin-off series. The new Flesh story follows directly on from the original.

The correct answer to my question was: "Yes, I think that would probably be for the best."

:-)

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Molch-R

Pat Mills quoted by Down The Tubes on James Mckay's Flesh art: "James has done the impossible," says Pat. "He's brought Flesh back to life with a vengeance."

http://downthetubescomics.blogspot.com/2011/02/flesh-returns-to-2000ad-in-march.html