Main Menu

YOU be the judge!

Started by Molch-R, 02 March, 2011, 01:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Costumed vigilante 'The Statesman' may be gaining press coverage battling intoxicated baddies and wannabe burglars on the streets of Birmingham...

But now the real law is coming, and you can patrol your local neighbourhood in the guise of the country's most famous future cop thanks to a new Judge Dredd costume* from Cesar, available later this year.

The fantastic costume gives you everything you need to get into full law-giving character – a full body jumpsuit with muscle padding, plus utility belt with pockets for your phone and money, knee and elbow pads, detailed shoulder and eagle pads, boot covers, gloves and a shiny PVC helmet.

One of the most iconic British comic book characters ever created and the very antithesis of American spandex-clad superheroes, Judge Dredd has been bringing justice to the streets of Mega City One for three decades – and is to return to the silver screen later this year with a Hollywood adaptation starring Karl Urban (Star Trek, The Bourne Supremacy) and written by Alex Garland (Sunshine, 28 Days Later).

Published once a week in 2000 AD® and monthly in the Judge Dredd Megazine, Dredd is judge, jury and executioner all rolled into one. Created in 1977 by John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra, Dredd patrols the dystopian streets atop his huge Lawmaster bike and dispenses violent justice with his Lawgiver gun.

Matt Smith, editor of 2000 AD, said:
"You see people dressed in lots of 'superhero' costumes but now everyone can be the lawman of the future, Judge Dredd.
"The helmet and shoulder pads make up one of the most iconic costumes in comic books, right up there with Superman's cape and Batman's cowl.
"Dredd is a uniquely British blend of satire, hyper-violence and action that has made him such an icon and a byword for the stern application of the law.
"What's certain is that he is the original British comic book hero – vigilantes spandex-clad superheroes had best beware as the judges take to the streets later this year!"

Judge Dredd said:
"Impersonating a judge is an offence, punk! Around these parts, I'M the law – thirty years in the iso-cubes, creep!"

*Solid helmet and 'Lawgiver' gun not included.

Albion

Dredd would not approve of that beard.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

COMMANDO FORCES

What sort of nutter would buy something like that, let alone walk about wearing it  ::)

Van Dom

Probably me.....at Halloween! If the price isn't overly extortionate, I reckon that's this years Halloween costume sorted!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Buddy

Is this real or is it April 1st already?

But I'll have the helmet!

* Oh... helmet not included....

Steve Green

Spaceghost

Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Spaceghost

Quote from: James Stacey on 02 March, 2011, 02:25:46 PM
The Anderson one is better

Yeah. Wonder why there's such a big difference in quality.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Banners

James Stacey

Its not uncommon to have a cheap and a delux version of costumes with licences like this. What we are seeing could be both. The Rebellion pic certainly looks to have better pouches etc and a separate badge. Most importantly though is how many links on the chain.

Molch-R

No, it isn't that one. That is an earlier version which has now been supplanted. Will have a word with Cesar.

COMMANDO FORCES

Health and Safety ALERT!

How do you see through that helmet  :o

Molch-R

I cannot reitterate enough that that is NOT the final and correct version of the costume.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm only pulling your leg  ;)