Main Menu

Could somebody kick Clickwheel to get it started?

Started by Grant Goggans, 11 March, 2011, 09:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Prog 1727 is up now but there's still no Meg 308.  :(
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

DrJomster

It's a shame cos some of the art and colouring looks GORGEOUS on the digital versions!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

JOE SOAP

Just bought prog 1728 AND WHERE THE FAK IS MEG 308?

psj3809

Just bought an ipod recently and i'm really disappointed about Clickwheel.  I click on the link on their website for the app and its not available.

I cant believe either how the pirates release 2000ad much quicker online than Clickwheel themselves.

Is 2000ad from Clickwheel any different to the 'illegal' copy ?

Eg I buy a lot of Dark Horse stuff from Apple, its great as its one panel at a time instead of the whole page and you have to zoom in/out etc.  Are the Clickwheel 2000ad's like this ?  One panel or just one page at a time ?

Plus the price doesnt seem great, companies talk about being 'green' but when the digital price is pretty high it just puts me off.

Shame as i think there could be huge potential with this

Molch-R

Apologies for the delay with Meg 308, we're currently overcoming some technical issues with file sizes etc. Hopefully it will appear shortly.

Quote from: psj3809 on 15 April, 2011, 08:11:41 AM
Is 2000ad from Clickwheel any different to the 'illegal' copy ?

Yes, it's not a straight scan that's then just stuffed into a rar file.

Rest assured that any delays with uploading are technical and have nothing to do with whether we support or like digital sales.

Molch-R

tweak

Since someone from Rebellion is taking notice I'd like to summarise the problems I see with Clickwheel:
1) No subscriptions for the Meg.
2) No bulk buy option, I need to catch up a couple of years and to minimize credit card charges, exchange rate charges and effort I want to do it in one shot. Perhaps an option to backdate a subscription would work.
2) The forum doesn't work. You can read it but not post. The last posts seem to be from 2008.
3) There has been a "we're updating our servers" message up for months. This does not inspire confidence.

On the plus side: buying single items works well, the quality is good and the price acceptable. In fact the Meg is a bargain.

Toni Scandella

I think the biggest problem is lack of communication - if there is a technical issue pushing back an issue, then a note on the site saying so would instill more confidence in me than absolute silence.  As it is, it starts looking like clickwheel just can't be bothered with the Meg.

Molch-R

When I hear that there are problems with uploading, I make sure I post on here to let you know. Hopefully things will run a little smoother in the future.

JOE SOAP

PJM

Please sort out an app for iPad. Empire magazine has a very good iPad app, something like that would be great. How hard can it be?

DrJomster

I download mine into goodreader on the ipad. That's very easy and I'm not sure I would use a 2000AD app tbh. I might be ALONE on that of course, but that's my take on it. :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Grant Goggans

I'll settle for having a prog available every Wednesday with my breakfast.  And, well, not this morning, evidently.

Molch-R

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 20 April, 2011, 11:08:44 AM
I'll settle for having a prog available every Wednesday with my breakfast.  And, well, not this morning, evidently.

Prog 1729 went up on Clickwheel at around 8.15 this morning - was it not there when you looked?

MrShep

Quote from: tweak on 15 April, 2011, 03:45:57 PM
3) There has been a "we're updating our servers" message up for months. This does not inspire confidence.

For more than a year, actually. That message went up in March 2010. Shame really... it can't be more than a day's work for somebody with a bit of web know-how to make it all look a bit less abandoned and unloved.

Sadly, the site doesn't seem to be responding at all for me right this minute... all I'm getting is a "connecting..." message  :(