Main Menu

25 years young – meet Alan Moore’s greatest heroine: Halo Jones

Started by Molch-R, 19 April, 2011, 06:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Twenty-five years to the day since Alan Moore's stunning space opera, The Ballad of Halo Jones, came to an end, American audiences can now enjoy this all-time classic from an indisputable comic book legend – along with extra material exclusive for the US.

A must-have in Moore's oeuvre, Halo Jones represents one of the most human, profound and complex tales the Watchmen and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen writer ever produced.

When it came to a premature end in legendary British comic book 2000 AD on 19th April 1986 – another six chapters were planned but never written – Moore left behind a story that has captivated readers ever since.

With breathtaking artwork from Ian Gibson, The Ballad of Halo Jones is a multi-layered character-driven tale of a young woman stuck in a bleak futuristic New York who sets out to explore the galaxy by any means – whether serving onboard a star cruiser or fighting in warzones that defy physics.

This edition, exclusive to the US, includes pages from Moore's original typewritten scripts for Halo Jones – presented as they appeared at the time – as well as covers and a Gibson pin-up.

ISBN 978-1-906735-93-7            $17.99         Out now

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Ballad-Halo-Jones/dp/190673593X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1303232370&sr=8-1

Molch-R

judgerufian

Looks like a great edition but could they have put Alan Moores name in any bigger type? blimey talk about trading off a name.... :P

Molch-R

How else, other than the name of one of the most well-known comic book writers in the world, would you suggest we sell it to an audience utterly unfamiliar with the story? ;)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: judgerufian on 21 April, 2011, 12:31:24 PM
Looks like a great edition but could they have put Alan Moores name in any bigger type? blimey talk about trading off a name.... :P

I know- putting the name of the author on the front of the book? What the fuck are they thinking??

uncle fester

25 years since it ended? I feel old.

I'm going outside. I may be some time.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Molch-R on 21 April, 2011, 12:37:44 PM
How else, other than the name of one of the most well-known comic book writers in the world, would you suggest we sell it to an audience utterly unfamiliar with the story? ;)

Hey, kids! Did you like Halo? Did you like Indiana Jones? Well, then, have we got a comic for you!

Cheers

Jim

(Piece of cake, this marketing malarkey...)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Molch-R

pauljholden

Droids don't quit, they get de-activated. (And fed to mekquake...)

-pj

W. R. Logan

Quote from: pauljholden on 21 April, 2011, 03:00:05 PM
Droids don't quit, they get de-activated. (And fed to mekquake...)

Plus if you are deactivated the Holden Droid has first dibs on your legs 8-)

TordelBack

:lol:

I re-read Halo Jones this week.  It is unbelievably good, even after all this time.  So good that as soon as I finished Book III I felt that I had to go and read Book I again.  One of Moore's Major Works.

Dunk!

Sadly I've had this version for weeks.

Because it's Halo and therefore I HAVE TOO.
"Trust we"

Matt Timson

Pffft...

flintlockjaw