Main Menu

Prog 2129 - Once Upon A Crime...

Started by A.Cow, 27 April, 2019, 01:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 02 May, 2019, 04:13:06 PM
Aye, I think it's the protagonist from The Great Game.

Yeah, it's Charlotte Hemmings the war photographer, the PoV character of The Great Game.  Hobb's End (of quasi-Quatermass infamy) Tube Station was where Robert Autumn, the protagonist of the original Scarlet Traces that ran/was reprinted in the Meg had his underground hideout. That's what she's looking for. 

We're up against that old chestnut of long-running stories and whether every tale should be self-contained in 5- or even 60-page chunks.  Given Scarlet Traces is a long-running alternate history stretching from the end of the 19th C to the 1970s (so far), losing the sense of decades passing by discarding older characters would be a bad idea.

The Adventurer

I never read any of the prior-2000AD War of the World's/Scarlet Traces series, and I had no problem understanding what was going on. I figured she was a returning character and was looking for something of prior series importance. Didn't impact my enjoyment.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

norton canes

Quote from: norton canes on 02 May, 2019, 10:31:14 AM
Cover: Looks like a 90's throwback... in a good way! The colouring is a bit muddy but I like that the white glare prides a crisp contrast

Well it sure looks muddy now because I spilled coffee all over it this morning.

Theblazeuk

My theory is that going forwards most depictions of God in Tooth are going to look[spoiler] like Kurt Vonnegut[/spoiler] just to make you nerds second guess yourself.

DrJomster

I took a massive twelve (yes, twelve!) week break while not feeling in the mood for the prog... and now I'm back and this is good stuff.

Great to see new talent given a chance in the prog. More of that please!

The other thrills all worked really well for me. LOVED that single panel page in Max Normal. Love the colour palette in Scarlet Traces. Kingdom and Dredd also just bringing the awesome and roll on next prog... it's the all ages special so let's see what we shall see!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Funt Solo

Definitely one of those wtf, slap-in-the-face moments in the comic. While it certainly made me sit up and take notice, I wasn't best pleased that it seemed as if a great new story (Kingmaker) was going to fold into Brass Sun. I also like Brass Sun - I just thought folding one into the other would weaken both.

Given the subsequent completion of the arc, though, it seems as if they just share a representation of a supreme being - as if Q suddenly turned up in Star Wars. Or, given the material here, LOTR.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++