Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

wedgeski

Quote from: Tjm86 on 18 November, 2020, 01:28:55 PM
TBH post around here has been bizarre of late.  Tuesday it turned up around 7pm.  No idea what was happening there.
That's some serious commitment by your postie.

Molch-R

Just posted this on our socials, thought I would be an idea to add on this thread too:

Subscribers: there continues to be huge postal disruption across the UK, which is delaying the arrival of subs issues of 2000 AD. Unfortunately, this is beyond our control. Please be patient during this challenging and unusual period. Our customer services droids are as frustrated as everyone by these delays, we know they're "just" robots but please do not take your frustrations out on them! Tharg abides!

CalHab

Bolt-01

Crikey - hope the droids are 'not' getting angry calls from Squaxx -- that doesn't feel right at all.

Thanks for the note Molch, and here's hoping for today!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 19 November, 2020, 08:44:02 AM
Crikey - hope the droids are 'not' getting angry calls from Squaxx -- that doesn't feel right at all.

Thanks for the note Molch, and here's hoping for today!

Yeah the need for this one sat a little uncomfortably with me. And when I nosed at reactions on some fan sites most folks were lovely and understanding. But some, a few I will note, still seemed to use the post being a bit rubbish during a chuffin' pandemic and since its been privitised, as a way to beat on Rebellion. As if Jason has earned enough off our backs and should be delivering the Prog personally on his horsey. Seriously folks seemed pissed at the company, on a Wednesday, only four days or so after the comic was due. Which I really hope hasn't lead to nasty phone calls to real folks, who have no control over this...

...that might explain my rant on another thread thinking about it!

Barrington Boots

Agreed - I never honestly thought people would be kicking off over this and everyone realised delays would be down to the post office (which isn't really their fault either, having been bollocksed up by being privatised, in the middle of a global pandemic and it being Chritsmas - as Christmas where everyone's shopping is being done by post, pretty much) so the fact 2000AD had to put out this statement is a bit of a surprise.

Anyway - my prog has just ARRIVED! So there is hope for us all.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

scrotnig

Indeed, I never thought it was Rebellion's fault. I really hope nobody's giving the staff a hard time.

Keeping the prog and meg in full production throughout all this has been magnificent and very impressive.

And it's not the posties' fault either. It's a challenging situation, many will have to isolate at times for various reasons.

Bolt-01

I got my prog!

Happy squaxx.

IndigoPrime

It's the randomness of mail these days that's weird. It used to be you could set your calendar by The Phoenix. It arrived, without fail, every Friday. Now, it shows up all over, from Thursday to the following Wednesday. Mostly, it's Saturday/Monday. And they're checking these out early. Beano varies from Friday to Wednesday. 2000 AD for me has usually gone from Saturday to Monday. Just one of those things. It'll show up eventually, and if it doesn't and is deemed lost I'm sure 2000 AD will send a replacement. I've got plenty to read in the meantime anyway.

ChickenStu

Postman just came. Nothing.
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

CalHab

I agree it does seem random. I've had some post arriving the next day, others seem to take a week or more. The Beano was a bit erratic last month, but is now arriving earlier than usual. I imagine there are local bottlenecks, rather than a complete failure of the system.

IndigoPrime

The Prog has landed. Here at least. And, yes, it's clearly not even.

Leigh S

Arrived here also!  Happy to wait a few days to spread the comics out, especially when I've had the Meg and FQ earlier this week... and took the plunge on Spacewarp which should turn up tomorrow...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Leigh S on 19 November, 2020, 04:42:18 PM
Arrived here also!  Happy to wait a few days to spread the comics out, especially when I've had the Meg and FQ earlier this week... and took the plunge on Spacewarp which should turn up tomorrow...

Oh actually maybe this is all a dastardly plot by Uncle Pat. Who's somehow broken the supply chain, so thrill starved we all munch down on Spacewarp.

You clever swine you Uncle Pat.