Main Menu

Anyone seen Judge Dolman?

Started by Proudhuff, 19 May, 2021, 11:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Just wondering where ex-Judge Dolman is these days? and the other six clones while we're at it?  :think:
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

Not to mention Vienna's half-sov sprog, who must be 10 or 11 by now.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Richard

Frankly I don't care. Dredd doesn't need to play happy families any more, that's been done to death already.

JayzusB.Christ

I get you completely.  But imagine a story where Dredd has to arrest Vienna.  That could be interesting.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 May, 2021, 11:47:38 AM
Just wondering where ex-Judge Dolman is these days? and the other six clones while we're at it?  :think:

Judge Dredd: The Forsaken (progs 1830-1835) from 2013.

Was this the last time he showed up?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

paddykafka

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 19 May, 2021, 02:57:49 PM
I get you completely.  But imagine a story where Dredd has to arrest Vienna.  That could be interesting.

Given some of Mega-City One's crazy laws, it is not inconceivable that Vienna could be done for illegal Roll-Playing.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Funt Solo on 19 May, 2021, 03:54:23 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 May, 2021, 11:47:38 AM

Judge Dredd: The Forsaken (progs 1830-1835) from 2013.

Was this the last time he showed up?

He was part of Dredd's team at the end of Every Empire Falls (only know this as I've just re-read it) 1990ish - might well have appeared after that as well but that's where I'm up to.

Funt Solo

Oh yeah - he's in prog 1990, exactly. (2016)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 19 May, 2021, 04:44:58 PM
He was part of Dredd's team at the end of Every Empire Falls...

Was he indeed!  I'll have to arrange a re-read, because I've no memory of that at all. I suppose I should have guessed, since I think only Mike has used him (or any of the Dredd clones, other than Rico?) since before Chaos Day.

Complete aside, but do you think Kek-W is going to throw clones into the mix in Deadworld at some point? We have the not-Judge Child, not-Booth, not-Lopez, not-Spikes, the actual-Sovs etc etc... could there be un-corrupted Sidney clones out there to challenge him? (I still insist on reading Death as the Deadworld iteration of Dredd, not Ava Eastwood, despite the very obvious parallels and the name).

Funt Solo

Pretty sure he was in his own spin-off series in Smash!, as well...  :P
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

BPP

If he's not in use does that mean he's on the dole, man?
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Richard

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 19 May, 2021, 02:57:49 PM
But imagine a story where Dredd has to arrest Vienna.
He already arrested his brother, and subsequently killed him. He also killed Kraken, and Nimrod. Next to that, anything less would be an anticlimax. (And the same thing would be samey.)

TordelBack

Quote from: Funt Solo on 19 May, 2021, 07:11:55 PM
Pretty sure he was in his own spin-off series in Smash!, as well...  :P

Quote from: BPP on 19 May, 2021, 07:40:36 PM
If he's not in use does that mean he's on the dole, man?

Clearly something in the water this evening.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 May, 2021, 06:03:49 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 19 May, 2021, 04:44:58 PM
He was part of Dredd's team at the end of Every Empire Falls...

Was he indeed!  I'll have to arrange a re-read, because I've no memory of that at all. I suppose I should have guessed, since I think only Mike has used him (or any of the Dredd clones, other than Rico?) since before Chaos Day.

Defo should I really enjoyed it - though do wish I'd read the Meg issue that ran alongside the Prog story as I think that would have fleshed things out. Still another excuse to read it down the road.