Main Menu

JUDGE DEATH by Darkhorse Comics' Guy Davis

Started by +rufus+, 20 March, 2005, 09:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

+rufus+

Ah! good point Mr Ming! When I get a good image of it, I'll email it to you! It's a huge picture he did. He's as mad as a bag of weasels that man.
  I once failed to appreciate the genius of one of his scribbles, so he tore it up and threw it out over Rathbone Place. Then sat back down aand quietly drew as if nothing had happened!
R

ming

paulvonscott

I liked that, reminds me of Jim Baikie art, with perhaps a touch of Docherty.

Gianni doesn't draw as good a squid as Timson.

Bolt-01

RAC: Wrightson illustrated Wolves of the Calla. He also did the Cycle of the Werewolf and the original Creepshow adaption.

Bolt-01

+rufus+

Guy just sent me this!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/mc1juve/dredd002.jpg">

Jared Katooie

steev.

ooh thats nice!

i really like guy davis' s art.
he can draw some truly horrible monsters!
the demons in 'the marquis' are fantastic!

steevr

Dan Kelly

Those are gorgeous.

Damn Rufus.  Not only is you own artwork great, you get all this great stuff as well!

Dan

Funtwangle

nice stuff
but not as nice as fraser irving death

+rufus+

I just think it'd be great to see some fresh takes on our favourite characters, it wasn't supposed to be 'He's better than so'n so'.
 There's so many talented artists ( writers I'm sure too..) who'd love to have a go on 2000ad's characters.
  2000Ad should be looking to pick up more European artists. Maybe go to the Cons in France, Italy etc looking for them.
We used to have a stable of gifted European contribution provided by art agencies, and I don't see that anymore.
  If we had more contemporary input from our Euro and US counterparts I'm sure it'd help sales of albums in these lucrative markets too.
R

johnnystress

Dear Tharg

1.00 US Dollars    =   0.526283 GBP

Please hire Mr Guy Davis to do some drawings for you

Thanks

Your pal,
Johnny

longmanshort

+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

+rufus+

Precisely Johnny! Never has there been a better time to hire our Amerikaner cousins!
:-) R

IndigoPrime

Maybe, if you haven't already, you should actually send that letter to "Tharg".

+rufus+

Tharg has been alerted to this phenominal Thrill Power Outcome Potential!
Hopefully He's dusting off his intergalactic wallet as we speak.
To miss such an opportunity would indicate extreme Thrill-suckage on the part of his Greenness!
Rufus