Main Menu

The youth of today

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 29 January, 2003, 05:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Can you believe that an 11 year old relative:-

Thinks Judge Dredd is a BBC1 programme?

Doesn't know that Strontium 90 causes hideous mutations (including X-Ray eyes, and odd animal hybrids)?

Doesn't know what a Dalek is (but thinks they look cool).

Isn't afraid of a nuclear holocaust.

Stares blankly at me if I suggest that 6 million dollars will rebuild him.

Thinks G-Force is some kind of shoe.

I don't know, what do they teach kids today?
Lock up your spoons!

Wake

He's probably thinking of Judge Deed, starring Martin Shaw.

Wake

Devons Daddy

i blame system.does not teach kids how to spell proper either not like whin i want to skool.

this is indeed frightening stuff. Never has he hidden behind the sofa watching doctor who?
is unaware of the threat of nuclear war.
 he thinks there is more danger of enviromental damage or some such rubbish?

get him a 2000ad subscription for his birthday. put the boy on the right path.you know he will thank you for it when he is older.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Trout

Apparently, they're planning a remake of the Six Million Dollar Man, with an inflation-busting rise.

He's now to be called the Six Billion Dollar Man.

Seriously.

- Trout

Quirkafleeg

Well it was quite a shock when I realised that adults are now walking around in this country who never saw Dr Who as a kid because its been off our screens for so long...

Oddboy

That can only barely be true..?
I'm 23 and I saw Peter Davis through to Sylvester McCoy as contempory Doctors... even 18 year olds should have been watching McCoy Who? surely?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Art

Why would anyone who wasn't a dedicated Who fan watch the McCoy epiodes? And even they would only watch it out of misguided pity.

Queen Firey-Bou

Youth of today are nasty hedonistic little oiks. Just had a blazing row (again) with juve boy because i'm going away next week & haven't arranged sisters, dogs, cats, puppy, rabbit, parrot, gerbil, plant & house sitting in a manner which lets him have a week long party in my house. " i never get a free house !"..."rent one boy." grrrrr

Slippery PD

Personally its the mothers fault, aint it boo?? :-)

yer "running for cover" Slippo

Quirkafleeg

McCoy's run finished in '89.. 14 years ago, an 18 year old today would not really have been interested (and his parents would probably be watching Corrie anyway)

Adrian Bamforth

As Peter Davidson started his run 23 years ago that would suggest you watched the Daleks though the bars of you cot.

ADE

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

Proudhuff

What worries me is there is a host of generations that haven't seen Laurel and Hardy, the Singing Ringing tree, White horses or the Flashing Blade! How can they steer through life with out these guides to the moral maze?

All together now, (Cue Music)It's right to fight for what you want, for all that you believe...
DDT did a job on me

Queen Firey-Bou

" run white horses let me run away...."

& i always thought there would be endless repeats of all things so nothing would get lost...i never got around to watching all those b&W afternoon movies, cos i figured i'd save it til I was in a nursing home & had nothing better to do... now what to they show in the afternoons? sob !

The son has since been smashing things up around the house, all my fault too, anyone there work for family arbritation?

Matt Timson

Ah!  "The Singing Ringing Tree".

God that program scarred me for life- that bloody dwarf geezer was well scary- especially as you could always hear him muttering in Russian (or whatever language it was) just beneath the narrator.

Creepy.
Pffft...