Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

he lives in Manchester all he has to do is wait for the bus drivers to run them all down
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 May, 2014, 11:13:51 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 16 May, 2014, 11:09:23 PMOperation Shish Kebaby

I sense you've been saving that one up for some time.

It's times like this I remember you lads are two different people.  ;)

Not that I'm complaining; Tordels was always the witty and well-informed voice of reason; then another one came along.

That's my niceness done for the night, now to lie down and wait for my hangover
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: mogzilla on 17 May, 2014, 12:16:48 AM
he lives in Manchester all he has to do is wait for the bus drivers to run them all down

I can vouch that this is probably true.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Dandontdare on 16 May, 2014, 11:39:54 PM
I realised not long ago that of all the possible crisis scenarios I may face in the next few decades - global financial crash, social breakdown and civil war, epidemic plague, nuclear war, etc - the only one that I feel prepared to deal with is the zombie apocalypse.

That's not very practical is it?

Are you definitely sure you are ready? 5 popular zombie survival tactics that will get you killed.

Fungus

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 17 May, 2014, 01:14:42 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 16 May, 2014, 11:39:54 PM
I realised not long ago that of all the possible crisis scenarios I may face in the next few decades - global financial crash, social breakdown and civil war, epidemic plague, nuclear war, etc - the only one that I feel prepared to deal with is the zombie apocalypse.

That's not very practical is it?

Are you definitely sure you are ready? 5 popular zombie survival tactics that will get you killed.

At least some people are taking it seriously.

The Legendary Shark

Latest news from Camp Bastard is a bit of a downer. Due to lack of resources, I have had to cancel my Twoothy, Meg and Marvel Ultimate GNC at the local newsagents.

Hmph.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

That is a right regal pain, but having done similar a couple of years back I can report that when things improve - and they will improve - there is much joy in knowing there are Progs you have not yet had the pleasure of.   Small compensation now, I know.

ZenArcade

I'll mail you a copy of the prog, till you get back on your feet. Pm me with an address. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Proudhuff

Wow Sharkie, have been off line a few days so missed all the action, really respect your ability to stay focused in these situations, best o luck with the future plans, stay safe.
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

Thank you all for your deeply generous offers of Progs, I'll PM you all individually.
This surely is the Best Place on the Web.
Oh, and I should have said this before but, Tankie, you didn't force me to publish my address - I sometimes just do silly things for the heck of it - so think nothing more of it.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

One of my brothers had an application for a postal vote in the upcoming local elections discounted because he'd supposedly sent in his form too late - except it had been posted at the same time as mine and another brother's application, the other brother being discounted because someone was "not satisfied" that his signature matched... erm... his other signature, and mine not being discounted at all.  It's a bit baffling, really, as even leaving aside that council workers are now handwriting experts, if one form was too late, surely the other two should have been too late as well?
While having a quick pint and catching up with scandal this evening, it seems we were far from the only postal voters who were discounted for odd, sometimes provably contradictory reasons, either, and the rejection letters were sent out mere days before the election is to take place, so the chances of getting time off work or traveling back into the country on such short notice is laughably slim for most.  I'm away off to make myself a tinfoil hat.

Frank

"Ukip is on course for a landslide victory in this week's European elections, a poll for The Independent on Sunday shows. Today's ComRes poll gives Ukip its highest lead in a European elections survey, suggesting that the Eurosceptic party will scoop up MEP seats across the country. Among those who are certain to vote, Ukip is on 35 per cent, 11 points ahead of Labour, on 24 per cent, with the Conservatives down two points from the last ComRes poll earlier this month, at 20 per cent. The Green Party has pushed the Liberal Democrats into fifth place and is up two points to 7 per cent, while Nick Clegg's party is down two to 6 per cent."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/european-elections-ukip-set-for-landmark-win-9391409.html

The Legendary Shark

"Those who vote change nothing, those who count the votes change everything."

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sauchie on 18 May, 2014, 08:14:16 AM
"Ukip is on course for a landslide victory in this week's European elections

UKIP: so right-wing, even the Sun is backing away...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Nick Griffin. Leave and never come back. Heterophobia? Can he really be THAT stupid?