Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Steven Denton on 21 September, 2015, 03:40:07 PM
I want a lawyer to ask him exactly how much of his genitailer he forced, like greasy pink play dough, into the pigs accepting maw.

The internet, today you bestride it as victor. 

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tordelback on 21 September, 2015, 03:50:48 PM
I want a lawyer to ask him exactly how much of his genitailer he forced, like greasy pink play dough, into the pigs accepting maw.

I don't know why everyone keeps implying he was flaccid at the time. Have some respect: It's a serious allegation to imply he wasn't aroused by his cold, meaty lover.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Steven Denton

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 21 September, 2015, 04:02:34 PM
Quote from: Tordelback on 21 September, 2015, 03:50:48 PM

I don't know why everyone keeps implying he was flaccid at the time. Have some respect: It's a serious allegation to imply he wasn't aroused by his cold, meaty lover.

I guess how aroused he was depends on how much it looked like Margaret Thatcher

SuperSurfer

I can't believe that you lot are all focussing on the trivial and insignificant aspects of this story and are ignoring the most serious allegation – that we are being ruled by a man that listened to a Supertramp album.

What's wrong with this forum these days?!

Modern Panther

This is how far we've gone.  Corbyn's a far left lunatic for daring to suggest that newly printed money should be used for the public good.

The snp are extremists for suggesting that a referendum should be held if the majority are in favour of it. 

The lib dems have fallen down a hole never to be seen again. 

The prime minister might have defiled a dead pig...but what the heck, never mind, it's just one of those things, a jolly jape, boys will be boys.

Spikes

People who vote Tory shouldn't be allowed to read 2000ad.

Spikes

ZenArcade

Just catching up on the news now. An act of necrophiliac bestiality had me in stitches. You literally couldn't make this stuff up. The press have poured buckets of excrement innumerable over Corbyn; yet our future is in the hands of this shower of arrogant, debauched fucking vermin. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Professor Bear

I think it's a ploy to make Osborne look more palatable for only being a coke fiend who likes to snort blow off hookers' tits.

And for those of you not already aware of it via Twitter: https://youtu.be/FBpQJ98rR4o

CrazyFoxMachine

I find it really interesting that the least-reported part of this story by everyone is the most significant and it was the "biased beeb" that illuminated it to me.

If this is true, or if it's not true - it's the basis of a seriously miffed piece by Lord Ashcroft - the billionaire tax-exile feller who has basically bankrolled the entire party for the last decade or so (until he quit in a huff in 2010). Beyond the pig there's something quite big going on here - a massive and growing split in the heart of the party. Ashcroft also claims that Cammy Boy is resolutely "only in it for the power and doesn't seem to want to use it to do anything". No honour amongst thieves and swine-fuckers, eh?

The Legendary Shark

Negative interest rates on currency.
That brings me to the third, and perhaps most radical and durable, option. It is one which brings together issues of currency and monetary policy. It involves finding a technological means either of levying a negative interest rate on currency, or of breaking the constraint physical currency

imposes on setting such a rate (Buiter (2009)).
These options are not new. Over a century ago,
Silvio Gesell proposed levying a stamp tax on
currency to generate a negative interest rate
(Gesell (1916)). Keynes discussed this scheme,
approvingly, in the General Theory. More
recently, a number of modern-day variants of
the stamp tax on currency have been proposed
– for example, by randomly invalidating
banknotes by serial number (Mankiw (2009),
Goodfriend (2000)).

A more radical proposal still would be to
remove the ZLB constraint entirely by
abolishing paper currency. This, too, has
recently had its supporters (for example,
Rogoff (2014)). As well as solving the ZLB
problem, it has the added advantage of taxing
illicit activities undertaken using paper
currency, such as drug-dealing, at source.
A third option is to set an explicit exchange
rate between paper currency and electronic (or
bank) money. Having paper currency steadily
depreciate relative to digital money effectively
generates a negative interest rate on currency,
provided electronic money is accepted by the
public as the unit of account rather than
currency. This again is an old idea (Eisler (1932))
, recently revitalised and updated (for example,
Kimball (2015)).

From a speech given by Andrew Haldane (Chief Economist and the Executive Director of Monetary Analysis and Statistics at the Bank of England) on 18 September 2015 at the Portadown Chamber of
Commerce, Northern Ireland.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: ZenArcade on 21 September, 2015, 06:16:36 PM
Just catching up on the news now. An act of necrophiliac bestiality had me in stitches. You literally couldn't make this stuff up.

Let's be fair though: you could if you wanted.  A large part of me is enjoying the idea of Cameron squirming, but we don't know if this story is true or not. 
I believe if you want to lay the groundwork for a fairer society, you have to be fair to everyone, awful fuckers like Dave included. 

The problem with a Twitter-storm like this one is that a person has lost the battle before they even know they have to defend themselves.

By all means judge the man on his policies (and I think he's a near-sociopathic,  privileged little fuck with no regard whatsoever for the less privileged) but this pig thing, entertaining and all as it is, is unsubstantiated.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Spikes on 21 September, 2015, 05:55:12 PM
People who vote Tory shouldn't be allowed to read 2000ad.

Yes, absolutely, because it's important that only people that agree with you are allowed to read it.

I just hope you can afford to make up for any shortfall this might create in Rebellion's accounts...

ZenArcade

Dunno if Rebellion can take a £5.90 hit. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Modern Panther on 21 September, 2015, 05:24:11 PM
This is how far we've gone.  Corbyn's a far left lunatic for daring to suggest that newly printed money should be used for the public good.

The snp are extremists for suggesting that a referendum should be held if the majority are in favour of it. 

The lib dems have fallen down a hole never to be seen again. 

The prime minister might have defiled a dead pig...but what the heck, never mind, it's just one of those things, a jolly jape, boys will be boys.

Heh, this is the first time I've ever seen this combination of (seemingly unrelated) views expressed, so I'm not sure who is supposed to have gone as far as you say.

For my own point I don't agree with any of the statements, except possibly number 3.

Corbyn's economic policy probably would have some nasty side-effects. but then so does Osborne's.

The SNP only exist to achieve independence, so obviously whatever their campaign promises they are going to want a second referendum (and if it comes to it a third, and a fourth, and so on). It's not an extremist view, it's just tiresome to replay the same arguments all the time.

The LibDems might comes back as a Centre Left party. There's certainly a gap now. Personally I think the brand is toxic for a generation and social democrats are better off making peace with the Corbynistas.

Cameron's alleged transgression wasn't at all a jolly jape, it seems more likely he was the victim of some pretty horrible public school-style bullying (I guess if you really, really hate Cameron you could construct a scenario in which the initiation ceremony was more like "eat a tin of cold beans" but a young Cam was adamant he was going to fuck the dead pig, come what may. However I think it more likely that if it happened at all he was more or less forced to do it at the risk of some pretty dire social consequences should he refuse). Not that I'm saying I sympathize with him over this, just that I can't summon up the energy to be angry with him for it, or indeed really to care at all.

It's his politics that are the problem, and that's all I am actually concerned about.