Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

What was this throwaway line that spoiled the ending?

I watched AoS before avengers 2 but didn't consider it spoiled. I remember one line about the Avengers being sent to take down a genetic-engineering base in Norway, but that related to the opening sequence of the film, not the ending.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 14 August, 2015, 12:01:00 PMHow do you spoiler a film about some heroes trying to stop the end of the world if you know it has two sequels coming up and about a dozen spin-off movies and two spin-off tv shows and counting?
By taking about specifics and the journey, not just the obvious destination. It just annoyed me. I like Shield (bar the terrible first third of SE01). I like quite a few of the Marvel films. This just me think sod it, then; I'll just wait until Avengers 2 shows up for free on Netflix now.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 August, 2015, 12:32:14 PM

It was stuff about [spoiler]how Ultron was defeated[/spoiler] and some other plot points dotted about. All easily avoidable without affecting the story.

Dandontdare

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 August, 2015, 12:44:09 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 August, 2015, 12:32:14 PM

It was stuff about [spoiler]how Ultron was defeated[/spoiler] and some other plot points dotted about. All easily avoidable without affecting the story.

Tried a google search to find out just what fans thought was spoilered and couldn't find anything - lots of tie in points, but nothing that would spoil a surprise  - this is typical of reviews/comments:

QuoteHaven't seen Avengers: Age of Ultron yet? Don't worry. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2, episode 20 does not reveal any major plot-points from Marvel's most recent blockbuster.

Well, other than the fact that Ultron apparently fails to obliterate humanity. But we kind of saw that one coming.

That said, "Scars" does include several references to the wreckage left in Ultron's wake. There are clues about the nature of the movie's conclusion, the involvement of Theta Protocol, and why nobody likes Tony Stark anymore. But those hints are easy to ignore if, like this writer, you won't be able to get your Avengers-loving self into a movie theater by Tuesday evening.

(if anything, the movie spoilers the ending of the series wuith the Theta Protocol)

Stan

I suppose everyone has a different sensitivity to these things and it's something that'll annoy some people and not others. To me it just made the anticipation of the film a little anti-clamactic. The best way to understand it, I think, is to imagine them having a scene from Avengers Assemble where all the Avengers are dusting themselves down and patting themselves on the back while congratulating each other for defeating the Chitauri and saving thousands of lives, then sticking that scene right at the end of their final trailer. It'd certainly make Stark's 'sacrifice' scene a load of pants (just for starters).

That is exactly what SHIELD did for Ultron.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Let's write our own Marvel Movie! It's here for just $79 bucks! I think its time Wolverine and Co met a fascistic Lawman who cares only about the Law and not saving the Universe from Destruction.

http://www.writersstore.com/screenwriting-marvel-style-how-to-apply-the-rules-of-the-most-successful-films-in-the-world-to-any-script/
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Zarjazzer

My Marvel movie involves taking four iconic characters and ruining them all in a fit of stupidity and school boy style point-the finger-blaming. And re- design a major villain for no purpose, other than to make him look silly, thus destroying any franchise for a bit. I'm sure we'll try again soon.

No one steal my idea, okay?

It all ends with Hollywood being exterminated by an oppressive lawman from the future.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

CrazyFoxMachine

This thread has gone the same way as the "Make a DREDD Sequel" FB page... just all Marvel movie chatter now   ;)

Steve Green

Needs more Kickstarter suggestions, Dredd memes and accusing Rebellion of spending the Day of Dredd revenue on Superfiend...

Goaty

James Stacey

IAMTHESYSTEM

From Judge Anderson to the Stanford Prison Experimenter Olivia Thirlby soldiers on.

https://youtu.be/3XN2X72jrFk
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

James Stacey

Apparently Mr Urban was out drinking in Cardiff on Saturday, the same day Commando Forces chooses to visit our fair town. Coincidence ?

Steve Green

Funny how these things filter down to the consumer level... It's still a way off the Phantom cameras that were used on Dredd, but having something that can shoot 1000fps in a small bridge camera is pretty amazing.

https://vimeo.com/136420766

James Dilworth

The 1995 Stallone Mega Epic would cost $125 million in today's money.

Reckon you can still see every penny on screen.