Main Menu

where have i been all my life?

Started by dullnickname, 11 March, 2012, 07:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dullnickname

Hello all,
I am a very new reader and subscriber.
Just two words to sum up how i feel about 2000ad "IN LOVE".
I have am struggling with being behind on a few stories, especially Dredd, but i think trying to work it out just makes me happier.
I intend to post a bit as at the moment am a massive lurker.
So this is just to say hey up and i'll be lurking/foruming often.

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard, have fun and more importantly enjoy working it all out.

betel_uk

Greetings!

Welcome to the Galaxy's Greatest!

Pete Wells

Aye aye bonny lad. Any questions, just ask away, we're a helpful bunch (though watch Roger, he's... strange.)

Emperor

Welcome. Never be shy about asking questions. I wouldn't worry too much about not being up to speed on Dredd, it is relatively continuity-light so you can get into the sing of things pretty quickly, although it'd be an idea to get the progs back to the start of the current epic eventually.

As you are a new reader and subscriber, I'm curious to know what hooked you in and what convinced you to stay there.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

dullnickname

Quote from: Emperor on 11 March, 2012, 08:45:18 PM
Welcome. Never be shy about asking questions. I wouldn't worry too much about not being up to speed on Dredd, it is relatively continuity-light so you can get into the sing of things pretty quickly, although it'd be an idea to get the progs back to the start of the current epic eventually.

As you are a new reader and subscriber, I'm curious to know what hooked you in and what convinced you to stay there.

I won't be shy, is there a good catch up thread or zone.
I bought watchmen a few months ago, just because it was in the top 100 novels of all time, i didn't read it. Then i bought v for vendetta and read it, thought it was ok, so read watchmen which i really, really was liking, then i saw simon pegg tweet about 2000ad bday, bought it and really don't know why i have never read it before prob never thought of it. Like a typical convert i'm now a zealot (i know this is long and rambling (being made worse by these brackets) and disjointed) so i have question why haven't people been telling me about this before.
Her indoors ses i have an addictive personality so after 2 issues i was a subscriber. What hooked me is a really tough question and am not really sure but it just fired something in my imagination, i found myself thinking about alternatives, futures and pasts all week until the next issue which i can't wait for already.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

DrJomster

"IN LOVE". I like it! :)

Welcome aboard!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Emperor

Quote from: dullnickname on 11 March, 2012, 09:14:13 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 11 March, 2012, 08:45:18 PM

I won't be shy, is there a good catch up thread or zone.

Not really there are a couple of threads about Dredd trade recommendations but if someone has a question (and have done a quick search to see if it has been addressed) then they might as well start a thread on it.

Quote from: dullnickname on 11 March, 2012, 09:14:13 PMI bought watchmen a few months ago, just because it was in the top 100 novels of all time, i didn't read it. Then i bought v for vendetta and read it, thought it was ok, so read watchmen which i really, really was liking, then i saw simon pegg tweet about 2000ad bday, bought it and really don't know why i have never read it before prob never thought of it.

Blessed is Saint Simon of Pegg for Spreading the Word.

Quote from: dullnickname on 11 March, 2012, 09:14:13 PMLike a typical convert i'm now a zealot (i know this is long and rambling (being made worse by these brackets) and disjointed) so i have question why haven't people been telling me about this before.

It is a good question and one the current PR initiative is partly hoping to address - there are thousands of people out there whose lives could be enriched by Thrillpower, the trick is making sure they'd stumble across something that hooks them in.

Quote from: dullnickname on 11 March, 2012, 09:14:13 PMHer indoors ses i have an addictive personality so after 2 issues i was a subscriber. What hooked me is a really tough question and am not really sure but it just fired something in my imagination, i found myself thinking about alternatives, futures and pasts all week until the next issue which i can't wait for already.

Ah I remember that feeling well, despite the intervening years of drink and drug abuse, head injuries, looming senility and self-trepanation.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

dullnickname

wow emperor bit egon eh? re the verification i always have an issue with these things so don't worry too much about it.
Thanks to everyone for saying hullo

Cheapjack

My goldfish, Eggety Burp, and I welcome you.

:P

Gonk

Hi. You must be looking forward to the new film in September, yes?
coming at a cinema near you soon

Spikes

dullnickname

Quote from: fonky on 12 March, 2012, 11:34:12 AM
Hi. You must be looking forward to the new film in September, yes?
Yes, now i know of it but i am like a 3 year old when it comes to comics, just so out of the loop i didn't even know there was one, i am 27 though. Is everyone else excited about it or worried about jhonnycomelately's.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!