Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Dead?

No.

He's become more powerful than you can possibly imagine...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 29 November, 2020, 02:52:38 PM

Dead?

No.

He's become more powerful than you can possibly imagine...

Bravo, my good Sir!!

Also...

RIP to one of the actors behind one of the most iconic villains in cinematic history. You will be heartbreakingly missed by millions of fans, the world over!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

von Boom

RIP, David Prowse. Thank you for making my childhood more interesting than it had a right to be.

IndigoPrime

I'm putting a somewhat personal one in here: Adam Banks. Most of you wouldn't have known him, but this editor and designer was the creative driver behind two eras of MacUser magazine, including its final (and superb) incarnation. He was a gentle, brilliant man, eager to find new ways to be creative and to help organisations and individuals thrive, most notably in his beloved north east. He was my favourite editor and a friend. Taken from us far too soon, given that he was only in his 50s.

RIP, Adam.

Richard

Sorry to hear that, IndigoPrime.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Jesus, that's no age at all!! You have my deepest condolences IndigoPrime
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

JOE SOAP

Actor David Prowse, who played Darth Vader in the first Star Wars trilogy, died of complications from Covid-19, his daughter has told UK newspapers. Prowse died Saturday at the age of 85, though a cause of death was not specified by his manager at that time.

In an interview with UK's The Sun, Prowse daughter Rachel confirmed that her father, who suffered from Alzheimer's, had been hospitalized for the last two weeks with Covid. Confirming the cause of death, Rachel Prowse said, "It's horrible that Covid restrictions meant we did not get to see him and say goodbye. But when we went to collect his stuff from the hospital the nurse said what a cool guy he was. He was such a larger-than-life character. He would have loved to see himself trending on Twitter."

https://deadline.com/2020/11/david-prowse-darth-vader-covid-coronavirus-cause-of-death-star-wars-1234623134/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 29 November, 2020, 08:48:29 PM
Jesus, that's no age at all!! You have my deepest condolences IndigoPrime
I found out today he'd have been 52 next week. That's just far too young.

JayzusB.Christ

Sorry to hear it, IP.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

My condolences, I.P.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

That's terrible, Indigo Prime, my condolences. No age at all.

SBT

Bolt-01

My condolences IP.

von Boom

Legenday science fiction author, Ben Bova from complications due to covid-19.

https://www.tor.com/2020/11/30/legendary-science-fiction-author-ben-bova-has-passed-at-the-age-of-88/comment-page-1/

Also, condolences IP.

The Doctor Alt 8

TordelBack

Really sorry about your friend, IP,  that's horribly young.  I was a devotee of MacUser in happier times, although don't know if this coincided with his tenure. I can see an unstable little tower of early 2000/2010s MacUser (and Mac Format, I suspect) cover disks from where I sit, the end result of successive culls in which I could never quite convince myself that I wouldn't need some font or PowerPC applet again.