Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Helter Skelter

Started by Leigh S, 19 September, 2019, 04:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

TordelBack

Game looks fun, never played Wildlands: even if the specific theme itself is off-putting to Squaxx dek Thargo, it's obvious why they went that way. However my real interest here would be getting hold of some Dante minis!  Viktor, Lulu and Elena, who would have thought we'd ever see the day!  Sadly I still have no sense of how they scale with the Mongoose and Warlord ranges, and as I already have minis for the Dredd and Stront characters, and there are better Slaine ones out there, I'm not sure it's enough. 

Note also that Warlord's Dredd version of their Stront skirmish game is coming soon!

sheridan

I didn't think this game was out for a few more weeks, and yet Rackle just answered for the door to the delivery to a sparkly copy of this game!  (Not opened it yet, just wanted to brag - am I the first to receive their copy?)

Leigh S

seen copies appear on FB!  It is due out the 31st officially - didnt order it, so will have to hope to snag it in FP or my not quite local gaming shop next week

sheridan

Maybe mail orders direct from Osprey are like 2000AD from Rebellion - (theoretically) you get it a few days early.  Either that or somebody messed up in the fulfillment centre (this is the kind of mess up I can live with).

I've opened it now.  It's a gorgeous presentation.  Not sure how it's going to play, but at least the box, art, design, finishing, etc is all up to scratch.  I think this is the best produced game I know own. 

CalHab

Mine arrived yesterday as well. It looks good and it seems like quite a simple, fun game. I've rounded up a few people who are willing to play it next weekend, so I'll know better then.

The miniatures are very detailed for being such a small size.

Keef Monkey

Really want this but I've bought a couple of board games quite recently and am trying not to splurge on another! I've settled for begging my wife to get me it for xmas so hopefully she manages to get me one.

TordelBack

So uh Sheridan and CalHab old mates old chums,  if you're uhm bored with the Dante minis, I'll happily take them off your hands, save you a bit of storage space, that kind of thing.  Always willing to help a fellow squaxx!

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 October, 2019, 12:08:53 PM
So uh Sheridan and CalHab old mates old chums,  if you're uhm bored with the Dante minis, I'll happily take them off your hands, save you a bit of storage space, that kind of thing.  Always willing to help a fellow squaxx!

That's the good thing about the presentation - the box has individual places for each piece.  So you don't have to worry about our storage needs, but thanks for thinking of us.

TordelBack

Curses!  Foiled ag... uhh, I mean, that sounds very neat!  Good to hear. Yeah.

wedgeski

Very interested in reviews of this from board-frequenting squaxx.

moly

Been playing this most of today with my daughter, really enjoyed it and my daughter loves it, hope they realise other teams to play with it

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: moly on 26 October, 2019, 05:29:03 PM
Been playing this most of today with my daughter, really enjoyed it and my daughter loves it, hope they realise other teams to play with it

Already a Dark Judges expansion planned, which also adds Solo play mechanics to the game...

https://wordery.com/judge-dredd-helter-skelter-the-dark-judges-martin-wallace-9781472841568?cTrk=MTU3ODA3MDQ3fDVkMjhhNmVkMzhjNGI6MToyOjVkMjhhNmU4MGI0OGIyLjg2MTQ0OTU2OjVkYzFjYzMy

Really like that there's only the four characters in that team, without a fifth crowbarred in - will really help them feel more-than-usually powerful. Here's hoping for the ABC Warriors at some point down the line!
@jamesfeistdraws

moly

Not cheap for the dark judge expansion but will definitely buy it and any other expansions, been told by my daughter we will be playing again this afternoon