Main Menu

Terry Pratchett's Hogfather on Sky 1, 8pm

Started by Bico, 17 December, 2006, 05:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron Virgo

ThryllSeekyr

One gripe I have is that Death doesn't look scary or ominous enough.

I think claymation might have been better choice of medium for this type of show.

Jim_Campbell

"I liked it and will be watching the second part tonight"

Well, I rather enjoyed that. Apart from the fact that the architecture was waaay too Victorian. Of course, I might have felt differently if I'd read the book, but I have a feeling that might turn out to be a little gem amidst the mire of Christmas TV scheduling.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JimBob

Enjoyed it in a full of ginger wine and shortbread kind of way. Felt badly paced throughout though. And why are TV folk convinced that David Jason is the spirit of christmas?

SamuelAWilkinson

The pacing was awful. Why did everyone have to say their lines so slowly, as if each one was the most important in the show? I always thought of Mr Teatime in particular as a jumpin' around kind of maniac.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Large48

Well I don't know in the biblical sense if thats what your asking..... ;-)
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

ThryllSeekyr

So, does anybody know when are the Australian Foxtel cable network are going to be getting their hands on this.

The closest thing we have to the SKY channel is UK TV.

Buttonman

I thought Australian Christmas TV would be all The Ashes and Steve Austin. Same thing really. Unless they buried him.

Bico

Bittorrent is probably your best bet with genre programming these days.
Anything sci-fi or fantasy-related is usually up for downloading within hours, but drama shows and the like are less well-represented.

Noisybast

Both parts are available on Torrent now.
Or so I'm told...

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!