Main Menu

The Megazine Rebellion Years Top 10 Series - Tournament

Started by broodblik, 01 July, 2020, 04:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPP

Quote from: broodblik on 01 July, 2020, 11:18:16 AM
Quote from: Richard on 01 July, 2020, 11:03:27 AM
Bob the Galactic Bum was a reprint.

If it is a reprint from the prog or the meg then it does not count but if it came from another publication then it does count

It was also altered / redrawn in parts from what I can remember - something to do with copyright of one of the characters (maybe it's a lobo thing?).
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Southstreeter

1. Lawless
2 - 10 not sure, as I'm only an occasional Meg reader and tbh I can't remember anything else.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

This was as difficult as I thought it would be as, despite reading the Meg since #1 (vol 1), most times it's been out of a "sense of duty" rather than pure enjoyment. I dont think they've ever got it right- and while the Rebellion years have been a massive improvement on what went before, it's still the prog's poorer cousin, at least to me.

Anyway, here's my top ten in order.

1) Lawless
2) Insurrection
3) The Streets of Dan Francisco
4) Devlin Waugh
5) The Dark Judges - (Dominion/Torture Garden)
6) Lilly Mackenzie
7) American Reaper
8) Cursed Earth Coburn
9) Storm Warning
10) Demarco

As an aside, where was American Reaper in that original first post on this thread? Am I just being blind?

SBT

Huey2

1). Young Middenface (19)
2). Middenface McNulty (6)
3). Judge Anderson (80)
4). The Bogie Man (7)
5). Bob the Galactic Bum (8)
6). Lawless (46)
7). Strange and Darke (5)
8). Insurrection (21)
9). Cursed Earth Koburn (19)
10). Devlin Waugh (42)

Magnetica

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 01 July, 2020, 05:39:34 PM
As an aside, where was American Reaper in that original first post on this thread? Am I just being blind?

Yes you are right. I also noticed the list started at number 2). I guess that explains why. I totally forgot about. Might have to revise my list.

NapalmKev

Quote from: Magnetica on 01 July, 2020, 06:50:01 PM

Yes you are right. I also noticed the list started at number 2). I guess that explains why. I totally forgot about. Might have to revise my list.

I too thought it was missing but saw The Reaper Files. One Google search later and this seems to be a recognized title for the (in)complete series.

I really wish this strip had been given another series. It was a new and interesting premise by Pat Mills and an eye-pleasing treat courtesy of Clint Langley.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

broodblik

Quote from: Magnetica on 01 July, 2020, 06:50:01 PM

Sorry guys I did not add America Reaper it must be right at the beginning. Feel free to recast your votes

1). American Reaper (16)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Quote from: sheridan on 01 July, 2020, 10:42:35 AM

I've left things like Armitage out because it'd take me to long to untangle which stories were pre- and post-Reb - same applies to Tank Girl - without digging them all out I wouldn't know where the line between reprinted from elsewhere and originally printed in the Meg is.

I left them out because I didn't think they were very good 😂

DrJomster

Ok, here we go!

1. Lawless
2. Insurrection
3. Devlin Waugh
4. Lily Mackenzie
5. Numbercruncher
6. Storm Warning
7. Strange and Darke
8. Cursed Earth Koburn
9. The Simping Detective
10. Judge Anderson
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Funt Solo

1. Insurrection
2. Lawless
3. Strange and Darke
4. Fiends of the Eastern Front
5. Zancudo
6. Scarlet Traces
7. Lilly Mackenzie
8. Angelic   
9. Storm Warning
10. Evangelyne
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Magnetica

Ok I'm updating my vote to include American Reaper:

1. Lawless
2. The Simping Detective
3. Insurrection
4. The Bendatti Vendetta
5. Cursed Earth Kobain
6. Demarco
7. HAVN
8. American Reaper
9. The Dark Judges
10.The Streets of Dan Francisco

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Rogue Judge

1). Lawless
2). Insurrection
3). Fiends of the Eastern Front
4). Cursed Earth Koburn
5). The Simping Detective
6). The Bendatti Vendetta
7). Judge Death
8). Dredd (Movie)
9). Low Life
10). Lenny Zero

Again, I havent read all these thrills so can only weigh in on what I've read...although I'm fairly certain that my top 4 would remain unchaged.

NapalmKev

Just to clarify my Number 1 pick. It's American Reaper.

I actually consider American Reaper and The Reaper Files to be the same strip.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

broodblik

Quote from: NapalmKev on 02 July, 2020, 08:54:37 AM
Just to clarify my Number 1 pick. It's American Reaper.

I actually consider American Reaper and The Reaper Files to be the same strip.

Cheers

That is how I have it as well. American Reaper is your number 1. I have The Reaper Files as a separate entry. If you want to recast your vote please go ahead  :thumbsup: