Main Menu

A Hello From A Me

Started by Felix Vane, 28 November, 2009, 06:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felix Vane

Hey everyone  :)

Good to be part of this family of 2000AD Fans.

Im a newly discovered Slaine Fan, and a returning Dredd Head.

Just to notify you all, I found out just the other day from this very Website that the Slaine story ended, And I assure you, Heartbroken. I've just arrived at this barbaric party and it's already over?!

So any suggestions on a new comic line to follow that will really fill the void my main man Mac Roth has left?

Thanks All.  ;D

Peter Wolf

Well Hello !

Pull up a Chaise Longue and make yourself at home !

Someone will be along shortly to assign you to your first task of supplying us with a platter of Cheeseburgers.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

radiator

Slaine's not over - there's a short series of it running in 2000ad at the moment.

Jared Katooie

Felix Vane

I very much beg your pardon? Slaine's NOT over? Details details!  :o

Dandontdare

Welcome Felix. At the moment we seem to be getting occasional 3 or 4 part Slaine stories rather than long epics. Today's prog for example has part 3 of The Amber Smuggler. Very pretty Clint Langley art, but the scripting has got a bit insane in my opinion.

Kerrin

Wotcha Felix, welcome aboard.

Felix Vane

Ahhh I see. Is the only way to read further Slaine stories by keeping up with the comic books? I have most of the Slaine Graphic novels, Bar perhaps three.

I was also considering Subscribing anually to 2000AD. Worth it in anyones opinion?

COMMANDO FORCES

Hello Felix,

Where's my cheeseburger, as I'm quite hungry!

Mike Gloady

Hello again Felix.

Presumably the stuff will be collected at some stage, Slaine is very popular abroad (probably more so than here) - especially in Europe, so it makes sense to collect it all.  At the moment though we've not got enough post-BoI Slaine to make a worthwhile collection. 

We've got plenty of stuff after "The Horned God" and before "Books of Invasions" though.  First volume of that, Demon Killer, is due in the new year I believe.  I'll be waiting with baited breath with you.  Can't wait.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

Welcome, Felix.  Being a SlĂ„ine fan can be a hard and frequently disappointing life, but we take what we're given, and we'll always have Sky Chariots and that McMahon cover.

flip-r mk2

It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Felix Vane

I've already The Horned God books, all three Books Of Invasions, Warriors Dawn (As of today!) and some lesser titles like Slaine: The Defiler. Im getting Demon Killer soon, but where can I go from there Novel wise?

Also, has anybody had a crack at any of the Slaine D20 RPG books I've been seeing floating around eBay? If so, what would one need in order to play them? 

Thanks buds!

Mike Gloady

In order you need "Time Killer", "The King".

That's it in terms of in-print stuff.

There's other editions, like the Sky Chariots stuff TordelBack mentioned, but that's covered by, I think, Warrior's Dawn.  So no need to grab that as it won't have anything you don't already have/will have shortly.

There's a long period of Slaine that's not yet in print, or was once but isn't at the moment.  The upcoming Demon Killer trade seems to be the beginning of Rebellion's attempts to block that hole.  Good thing too.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever