Main Menu

The Time Traveller's Wife

Started by LARF, 22 June, 2009, 04:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

//http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/thetimetravelerswife/large.html

Anyone ever read this, is it any good*?

* I know it's supposed to be a love story, with a Sci-Fi link, but the concept seems great.

Goaty

yeah has see the trailer looks okay, more like rom type film...

I always love this time-film, Frequency... wonder if anyone has see it? it starring Dennis Quaid and James Caviezel. it brilliant....

Minkyboy

I've read it.
It is a brilliant book. Very powerful.
Mainstream enough for the time-travel concept to work with non-geeks too!
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

ukdane

I was given the book for Christmas, having been recommended it by the HiveMIND.
I still haven't read it yet, but I did see the trailer, and I think it might be something for me and hte missus to see in the bio.
Cheers

-Daney

Kev Levell

I rate Time Traveller's Wife up there with Life of Pi... It's a great book. I loved it. I'm glad they've made a film of it too... chance to go to the piccies with my wife and see something I hope we'll both enjoy.

stacey

Totally loved the book, looking forward to the film but wonder if it's possible for it to have the same impact.  Hope its good though

Rex Banner

Both myself and the wife think it's a great book. Unsure about the film but will definately watch it. I do recommend reading the book first though in case the film is cack.

There is also a really good audio adaption available with Henry and Clare being portrayed by different actors.

Colin YNWA

Likewise both me and my wife love this book. Not sure about a film but you never know as long as it doesn't under estimate its audience could be good??? Hope its not used to impress everyone by how they can age the same actors!

Satanist

I was pleasantly surprised by this book as the Mrs read it for her book group and insisted I would like it. Once again (as always) she was right.

Though I did wonder if I could travel through time as a teenager would I use my new found power to [spoiler:2dfumvai]give my other self a wank[/spoiler:2dfumvai] :shock:
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Bolt-01

The book is indeed wonderful- and left this hardened 'bot with moist visual inputs- and the trailer for the film looks like it may well have a similar effect.

Good casting- I like Eric Bana- he is a 'believeable' actor.

Heulog

It was a great book. But didn't you feel it should have finished much earlier? Every thing from the point [spoiler:2hzjqjr0]Henry lost his legs[/spoiler:2hzjqjr0] onwards was superfulous and it would have been a better novel without the end it had.

Doubt I'll make the effort to see the film, (very rarely have the chance these days). The film of a great book usually disappionts.

Heulog