Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPP

Tonight / Tomorrow is the 24 hour window for becoming a 3AA member for 2016.
That gives you a membership pack (this year the main thing is a 1/6 Von Nom figure (think Fetish nazi in a gas mask) and other bits but more importantly a 15% discount on all bambaland buys.

Which is maybe interesting because this is what Gregory (the head of the 3A 2000AD line) said about the line in 2016..TODAY...

Ideally one 2000AD figure per month, more likely one every 6weeks give or take a few. Might be a bit of overlap with scales depending on how the schedule and sculpts go post CNY.

1/12th Giant, Mortis, Fire, Alpha, Hammerstein, Sov, *******, Anderson, etc.

1/6th Dredd, Death, Anderson, Alpha, Rogue

Those 1/6 figures are likely to be around 150-200 USD each, if not more..

1/6 Batman has just gone on sale at 240USD - so 204 for 3AA buyers.
1/12 Dredd and Lawmaster went from 160 to 136
1/12 Fear went from 65 to 55.
3AA 2016 went from 180USD to 153 (same saving % will apply for 2017)

If 3A is going to bring out 8x 1/12 and 4x 1/6 (or even anything close to it) then you'll make the cost of 3AA back easy. Of course thats an IF but above is a direct quote from today.

Plus if you don't like the Von Nom it'll sell on ebay, not for a huge ammount as there will be several out there, but for some of the outlay). But your 1/6 Dredd will need someone to punch so who better than a guy in a gimp mask?

3AA can be bought from Bambaland - http://www.bambalandstore.com/default.asp
3AA 2016's contents can be seen at - http://www.worldofthreea.com/threea-production-blog/omxrv31g4iae03wecs1qvhh49w5rqm
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

inkymonkey

Thank you good sir, I'm glad someone did the maths, I'm too busy drawing to think!

Dreddzilla

Quote from: BPP on 14 January, 2016, 03:26:25 PM

Ideally one 2000AD figure per month, more likely one every 6weeks give or take a few. Might be a bit of overlap with scales depending on how the schedule and sculpts go post CNY.

1/12th Giant, Mortis, Fire, Alpha, Hammerstein, Sov, *******, Anderson, etc.

If I wasn't broke before I will be soon. :lol:

James Stacey

I love their product but their whole sales model is just whack.

Mardroid

I won't get the membership, as I don't think I would save. I'll be sticking mainly with the 1/12  although I might get the 1/6 Rogue Trooper, as he appears unavailable in other size.

It still wouldn't be a bad deal if one wants the 1/6 figure that comes with it, though. I actually rather like it, but as I know little about the character, I'd be spending for the sake of it.

Concerning the fact so many figures are being produced so quickly: good news and bad news for me. Good that the figures are available and most appeal to me. Bad that spacing them out a bit more would be easier on the finances. Considering the window of availability is limited.

That being said, I'vd noticed that they are keeping these available much longer, now. Last I checked, Dredd and Lawmaster were still there. And that Starscream figure was hanging around for ages, although that might have been due to the massive price.

jacob g

For a second I was considering membership but this is just a bad month for me to spend more money. And TBH I'm only interested in few possible figures from 1/12 line - Anderson, Hershey and Judges from other cities.
margaritas ante porcos

COMMANDO FORCES

The problem is that you don't really have a clue if they would bring out sufficient numbers in your chosen line to make it worth while. It's alright saying that certain numbers will be released this year but this is 3A. So for that reason, I'm out!

Dash Decent

1/12th Giant, Mortis, Fire, Alpha, Hammerstein, Sov, Captain Klep, Anderson, etc.

Finally!  A Judge that's not Dredd.  Giant's probably easy to do too; they just need to put a different head and badge on the existing Dredd body.  For that reason I hope they think of some extra ways to differentiate any extra Judges they release, e.g. give some Lawrod rifles or other weapons.  (Or a decent looking rad cloak.)  It would be good to have a force of toy* Judges that aren't all named 'Dredd'.  And every Judge needs his own Lawmaster, so don't forget to factor that into the price too, if you want a team of mobile Judges.  What's Giant going to do otherwise?  Run along side?

Also - finally! A non-supernatural enemy.  I'm looking forward to the Sov Judge.

I wish the dark Judges had little black dimension globes on their belts, that would be cool.

Alpha and Rogue will definitely go on my list, finances permitting.  The USD:Aussie dollar exchange rate is woeful at the moment.

*ahem, action figures
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

inkymonkey

Quote from: Dash Decent on 15 January, 2016, 11:54:44 AM
1/12th Giant, Mortis, Fire, Alpha, Hammerstein, Sov, Captain Klep, Anderson, etc.

Finally!  A Judge that's not Dredd.  Giant's probably easy to do too; they just need to put a different head and badge on the existing Dredd body.  For that reason I hope they think of some extra ways to differentiate any extra Judges they release, e.g. give some Lawrod rifles or other weapons.  (Or a decent looking rad cloak.)  It would be good to have a force of toy* Judges that aren't all named 'Dredd'.

Also - finally! A non-supernatural enemy.  I'm looking forward to the Sov Judge.

I wish the dark Judges had little black dimension globes on their belts, that would be cool.

Alpha and Rogue will definitely go on my list, finances permitting.  The USD:Aussie dollar exchange rate is woeful at the moment.

*ahem, action figures

It certainly is...

The line-up does sound very promising. I do find myself wondering what happened to the chatter about a Nemesis figure some time back...

BPP

I paid 153 last year for 3AA
I saved 58 on Dredd, 20 on Death, 10 on Sam, 10 on Gronk n Fish - 98 total.

I bought three other 3A things during the year, likely just making the 153 outlay back. Plus two spiffy tshirts and a droid for Sam to battle. I think it covered itself and that's before this 2000ad ramp up and 1/6 return. I'm not totally interested in the Von NOM figure but it's a 'see what's it's like in hand' thing. I am totally interested in the 15% discount tho. If you're thinking of buying one of each variation then I can't see how it's not going to pan out.

It will be on sale till 11pm uk time tonight (Friday)

inkymonkey

Well, I took the plunge. Wish I'd realised it was going to happen before I'd ordered Fear (and a couple more Dredds to boot)..! Pays to do a little research, I guess. Ah well.

BPP

Quote from: inkymonkey on 15 January, 2016, 12:59:36 PM
Well, I took the plunge. Wish I'd realised it was going to happen before I'd ordered Fear (and a couple more Dredds to boot)..! Pays to do a little research, I guess. Ah well.

There is a 5% cancel fee on orders.
So you could cancel and rebuy making a 10% saving.
Make sure Dredd will still be up tho, it's due to come down at any time.

The email to contact is cs@threeaonline.com

Dreddzilla

Just curious, but has 3A said why Dredd won't be carrying a boot knife? I'm just saying I could do without one or two sets of hands if it meant we'd get a boot knife. :lol:

Mardroid

I wonder if it was just overlooked! Or they just wanted to keep to the items they thought iconic with the character.

Curiously, I have the Marvel legends Dredd, and he came with two versions of the lawgiver, a boot knife but no daystick! So I was glad the 3A Dredd came with a daystick at least. I guess if I had to pick between boot knife and daystick I would go with daystick, but both would have been nice.

But it's not a big deal considering what they have got right. I agree concerning the choice of extra hands and knife though. These extra pieces are nice, but it's more to lose behind the chest of drawers. That's what happened to my ReAction Johnny Alpha's Westinghouse Blaster. He only has the small gun now!

A cool thing concerning the Mezco Dredd was the shere amount of stuff that came with it, including grenades and handcuffs. (It only came with one kind of lawgiver though. Actually there were two designs, depending on which version of the figure you went with, but both seemed to be variants of the Mark 2. One flat-top, one rounded, if you get what I mean. I wonder if the flat-top is meant to be a mark 3.) But then the price is a good deal higher.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 16 January, 2016, 05:25:52 AM
Just curious, but has 3A said why Dredd won't be carrying a boot knife?

That'll be the next variant - Dredd with boot knife!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.