Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPP

Quote from: Dash Decent on 31 January, 2016, 12:01:57 PM
I'd love to see a large range of 2000AD characters.  However, as much as I'd like figures of Mean Machine, a Titan-adapted Rico, a pregnant Al Bestardi, a Mega City fatty with belly wheel, Chief Judge Griffin, Gene the Hackman, assorted Norts and Southers, Brass and Bland, Hoagy, a werewolf Judge and a twin-pack of Stix brothers, I really hope they get on to the key characters from other strips, particularly Johnny Alpha and Wulf Sternhammer, and especially Rogue Trooper.

Alpha 1/12 is in the near future. Indeed Alpha 1/6 has been recently mentioned.
Rogue 1/12 has been recently mentioned, as has Mean Angel. Greg was talking about Dredd 1/12 having a bulked up torso (unlike Sam) and said it was primarily designed for naked torsos 'like Rogue and Mean'.

And let's face it, you can't have an Alpha and a Gronk without a Wulf...
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Mardroid

I kinda wish they'd leave it at least another month before Mortis returns so I can save up.

Who would have thought I'd be wishing for delays with 3a, huh? Poor guys can't win with me. ;-)

On the plus side, their pre-order window seems to be much longer than it used to be. Remember the days when you had to order on the night or you never got the figure? Wow.

I'd like a Wulf!

teckno viking

I am so Keen to get the 3A Dredd and Lawmaster set and single Dredd figure (for custom).

This new line up and going outside of the Dark Judges too, just awesome news indeed. Orlok on the cards I wonder with Satellite??

As for Rogue trooper, Now that Has to be done and here's to him being the Original version too ;)

Dandontdare

I'm hoping they figure out a way to do a good Judge Fire pretty soon - No mention of it, and there's lots in that 'coming soon' list, so I suspect we may have to make do with a 75% Dark Judges set for a while.

I'm holding out for built in gas jets and real flames.  :D

teckno viking

Light up flickering LEDs throughout the body of a flame covered Judge Fire, too much to ask for??

Dreddzilla

Quote from: teckno viking on 31 January, 2016, 05:14:22 PM
Light up flickering LEDs throughout the body of a flame covered Judge Fire, too much to ask for??
it would be the most expensive of the dark judges, but I could work with that.

teckno viking

That is the thing though. You Want Judge Fire to look like he is on, well Fire!

LEDs embedded in a translucent body maybe the best bet than buying several and slowly setting them alight LOL

teckno viking

This is a 4" Judge FIRE I am working on. Have to say working flickering LEDs would add to a translucent body.

So If I can achieve this, think what a proper company of talent SHOULD be able to achieve :D

Mikey

Quote from: BPP on 30 January, 2016, 03:12:08 PM
Some news from the 2000AD line

Mortis then Judge Giant 1/12 to come after Chinese New Year (8th Feb) then Dredd 1/6 at the end of March.

Dredd 1/6 is not a scale up of the 1/12 so could look somewhat different.

Holy Cremola! If they stick to that (which to be fair they seemed be doing with the 2k figs), my tiny mind will surely explode!

Also - great work there techno viking.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Dreddzilla

We get a slightly better look at the Blue Edition Dredd.   http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/07/wf-2016-3a-threezero-beast-kingdom-191153

4 thoughts.
1. It looks like the blue Dredd dosen't have as much weathering as the Black Dredd.
2. Kinda disapointed at how short Dredd is compared to Death.
3. Is Dredd gonna be stcuk with that Bow legged look? I'm hoping that will be corrected.
4. If this had his boot knife it would be the perfect Dredd figure. Better than the mezco version, but it just didn't pan out.  :|

inkymonkey

Sam Slade, Judge Fish and der Gronk just arrived on my desk! Via Russia Post, no less.

All in good nick, and a whole lot faster than Judge Death...!

Atreides

Quote from: inkymonkey on 08 February, 2016, 03:05:58 AM
Sam Slade, Judge Fish and der Gronk just arrived on my desk! Via Russia Post, no less.

How is gronk and judge fish? Which version did you get?
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

teckno viking

Dreddzilla

We have seen side by sides with Dredd and the dark Judges and He is NOT that short as the linked image. If you look Both DREDD's are slightly crouched poses.

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

inkymonkey

Quote from: Atreides on 08 February, 2016, 09:25:00 AM
Quote from: inkymonkey on 08 February, 2016, 03:05:58 AM

How is gronk and judge fish? Which version did you get?

Both versions!

Haven't had a look at the b&w versions yet, but the weathered versions are quite nice!

You wouldn't expect a vast amount of articulation on the Gronk, and so no-one will be surprised that his arms all move, but nothing else does. The fur is done well!

Fish himself is beautifully painted and detailed, very much like the Bolland cover from the Eagle reprints. Nice. There is a small post that you mount him on that pokes out of the bottom of his bowl - this seems a bit flimsy and could be fairly easy to break, if you're not careful...

Sam Slade is also very well done. Great articulation on the limbs and body! The clothes are surprisingly well fitted, given he's so small. His cigar shows no sign of being a robot-Stogie though, it appears to be just a cigar. But you get two of them, probably a good idea as they'll be easily lost...

All in all, pretty nice. I'll let other folks write more detailed reviews, but I'm happy!

Looking forward to Dredd now!!