Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teckno viking

ThreeA Classic next to one of my Scratch Builds.

The more I look at it the more I think its due to the Lawmaster being lower down that makes it look smaller. The length is negible, the height is the thing, or to me seems that way.

Of course Mezco makes both look small LOL

teckno viking

Mardroid

So the Cyclops laser cone doesn't light up. * Fair enough, you wouldn't want it on all the time and a third switch would be fiddly.

* Dont mind me, I haven't purchased batteries yet. How many do you get in a poundshop pack?

TheTooN

I'm still of the opinion its a wee bit undersized but I'll wait until the regular set lands and I finally get to sit him on one properly. It makes no sense that 3A would make an error with it, I assume both bike and figure were taken from reference material and then applied to 1:12th scale. Maybe the Mezco's have blinded us a little bit by being so big.

Poundland sets have 30 batteries but only 5 AG1's so you need a couple of packs per bike Mardroid.

teckno viking

@Scott (TheTooN), To be honest I think the issue with why it looks underscale is the Wheel housing pieces at front and rear.
   You compare my scratch build to the 3A (birdseye views), the seats and tanks are pretty much bang on with BOTH.  Both 3A & Mine have the same width on the wheels, however I have bigger whilst 3A went smaller and THAT is I think the problem.
Smaller wheels have thrown the whole Lawmasters size out.

Dandontdare

I agree that it's not the length but the height that makes it look a little small. Bigger radius wheels would definitely lift it. Minor quibble though, I LOVE my lawmaster!

Didn't even realise it HAD lights until recently, can't wait to get some batteries.

flip-r mk2

Dohhh!!!, why did nobody tell me there was switches for the lights. I've had they batteries in, out backwards and forwords then put my glasses on and saw the switches :-\

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Steven Sterlacchini

It comes with enough hands to have the correct combination for the Prog 148 pose!

Dreddzilla

Steven Sterlacchini, can I share that image on my fan page? With credit to the artist of course.

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 08 December, 2016, 11:22:52 PM
Steven Sterlacchini, can I share that image on my fan page? With credit to the artist of course.

Feel free!

:)

dweezil2

Quote from: Steven Sterlacchini on 08 December, 2016, 11:16:23 PM
It comes with enough hands to have the correct combination for the Prog 148 pose!

Fantastic!

How great does that figure look?  :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Spikes

Dandontdare

spent a nerve-wracking hour last night playing about with posing and swapping hands - never again! I was convinced I was going to snap off the peg when trying to force reluctant hands on - very fiddly. I've got previous with kak-handedly damaging newly bought stuff (i snapped off Mongrol's chin-ring within hours of opening it).

Also, the arms don't raise very high - as soon as I tried to do a straight-arm shooting pose, both shoulders immediately popped out of their sockets, which was fiddly to get back in.

The gun-hand is too loose to hold the Mk1 lawgiver firmly as it has a much smaller grip than the Mk2 - unless you can balance it delicately, it tends to slip and point off at an odd angle (maybe I've purchased the Ron Smith variant?)

And I don;t know how you guys managed to get him to sit on the bike so well - it's really hard to get the feet on the footrests, the hands on the handlebars and the arse on the saddle all at the same time.

As soon as I get my other Dark Judges, I think I'll spend some time getting them nicely posed and then leave them alone!

teckno viking

Quote from: Dandontdare on 09 December, 2016, 08:25:54 AM
spent a nerve-wracking hour last night playing about with posing and swapping hands - never again! I was convinced I was going to snap off the peg when trying to force reluctant hands on - very fiddly. I've got previous with kak-handedly damaging newly bought stuff (i snapped off Mongrol's chin-ring within hours of opening it).

Also, the arms don't raise very high - as soon as I tried to do a straight-arm shooting pose, both shoulders immediately popped out of their sockets, which was fiddly to get back in.

The gun-hand is too loose to hold the Mk1 lawgiver firmly as it has a much smaller grip than the Mk2 - unless you can balance it delicately, it tends to slip and point off at an odd angle (maybe I've purchased the Ron Smith variant?)

And I don;t know how you guys managed to get him to sit on the bike so well - it's really hard to get the feet on the footrests, the hands on the handlebars and the arse on the saddle all at the same time.

As soon as I get my other Dark Judges, I think I'll spend some time getting them nicely posed and then leave them alone!

With figues with interchangable hands Always give them a heat up when brand new with a hair dryer. Makes it easier and releases the issue of snapping pegs.

The sitting on Lawmaster is I found best tackled bum to seat first then sort the feet out.
I think due to the belt being FIXED in place and not freefloating that is causing an issue with the seated position. Also seems hit n miss with hips. As I said out of the 2 DREDDs I hve so far, one has no issues the other the right hip won't hold the pose and when seated pushes So torso gets slight lift.

Hopefully you wont turn these toys into statues and have fun with them and posing.

teckno viking

Quote from: Steven Sterlacchini on 08 December, 2016, 11:16:23 PM

Steve Drokkin awesome mate. Now this would have been the perfect way to package the figure lol
Stepping straight out of the comic!

As far as the figure goes now had a play with it.

Hands swap is tricky but no more than any other brand really. Just heat the areas up with a hairdryer for the first time round. Needs to be done with so many other brands too.

Figure is highly articulated which is great. First point KUDOS 3A on Finally Ankle articulation. It is beautiful!
The 3A can take the position for Drawing the Lawgiver from his boot holster with no mods. AAs you know you need strip/dremel the mezco to achieve that.

Head and Neck articulation is Top notch, full range of motion.

Shoulder pad & Eagle. Same style attachment as Death. It works but if I am honest pref the magnet way Mezco went. Moreso as NO holes in suit to cope with the articulation pegs needed for the shoulder pad/eagle. Also hole for the part that secures the belt (will come back to that).

Elbow & knee pads are amazing and nice choice on the material, rubberish. Only negative is I get the choice wanting to do the strap however it impeds elbow and knee articulation :( Think elastic trap may have been the easier option and then kept full range of articulation on elbows and knees.

The belt (said we would be back), now not sure why 3A chose to secure it to the small of the back on the figure. Personally would have left it free float as they did elbow and knee pads. Plus as said another Hole in the suit now.

Boots & gauntlets. I love you went rubberish material. Only concern is rubber rot which alas affects many brands of toys that use it. Hopefully something we won't see here in the future.

Helmet is just how I like it.

Face, not sold but can see many happy with it, though not sold with Mezco's either (think I pref Dillons). Like anything comic based and multi artists, we will each have our own perception and likes. I for instance know my JUDGE uniform is a mix of several artist styles combined.

So now finally in Hand and had a play I am over the moon with the 3A Judge.
  Thanks (alas to Bad luck) to TheTooN/Scott for posting stripped Dredd, I can see already where to play and probably improve if not body swap with a S.H.Figuarts Blank (high end articulation and solid construction) to Bolster the Judges various statures.
As a Bolland/Dillon fan of the Lean and Mean build for Dredd 3A sold me when first teased us, now in hand Still sold.

Yeah I may have hyped Mezco a lot through 2016 but its easy when in Hand to make those comments, the same can finally be said for 3A a Drokkin Awesome figure.