Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misanthrope

My Dredd and lawmaster arrived half an hour ago.

Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

teckno viking

teckno viking

TheTooN

Reg sets here, shipper undamaged, box and card look good. Guest round so cant have a play until tomorrow.

Hope everyone gets their goodies !

Albion

Quote from: teckno viking on 09 December, 2016, 01:21:59 PM
Nice. You Got Batts? Headlights are impressive.

Not yet but will do when I get chance. Very impressed with it.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Misanthrope

Not as sturdy feeling as the Mezco version, but this is the best Judge Dredd figure released so far IMO.

The lawmaster is a beauty to behold.

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

dweezil2

Hope the 3A line is selling well, especially to non-scrots!

Would like this line to run and run!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Dandontdare

Nice photo Albion - I was thinking of making a backdrop by scanning a good city-scape and pasting it onto a cut-down cardboard box.

Can anyone point m,e towards a nice big mega-city image with no foreground clutter, colour or b/w? I'm sure there was a good McMahon double spread once but I can't remember which story - I know there are people out there with better memories than me (face it, there are goldfish out there with better memories than me!)

Misanthrope

Quote from: Dandontdare on 09 December, 2016, 02:11:13 PM
Nice photo Albion - I was thinking of making a backdrop by scanning a good city-scape and pasting it onto a cut-down cardboard box.

Can anyone point m,e towards a nice big mega-city image with no foreground clutter, colour or b/w? I'm sure there was a good McMahon double spread once but I can't remember which story - I know there are people out there with better memories than me (face it, there are goldfish out there with better memories than me!)

Just do a Google image search. There a quite a few.

Mardroid

Quote from: Dandontdare on 09 December, 2016, 08:25:54 AM
spent a nerve-wracking hour last night playing about with posing and swapping hands - never again! I was convinced I was going to snap off the peg when trying to force reluctant hands on - very fiddly. I've got previous with kak-handedly damaging newly bought stuff (i snapped off Mongrol's chin-ring within hours of opening it).

I didn't get beyond removing the hand. I just couldn't get a grip on the little peg to pull it out of the hand so that I could fix the other hand. How did you do it in the end?

QuoteAlso, the arms don't raise very high - as soon as I tried to do a straight-arm shooting pose,
Yeah I noticed that. I'm not too bothered by that though.

Concerning others being difficult int his regard: so far I've just had Sam Slade and Mezco Dredd with the interchangeable hands. There didn't seem to be a large ball joint, so the hands slipped of easily. (Infact they seemed to just be fixed to a post. Fairly tight fitting so it won't just fall off* but really easy to pull off and on.

The hands are easy to pull off of this Dredd too, they just take the peg with them. I don't have a hair dryer either, but if I soak the hands and peg in the hot water, should that do the trick? I'm so nervous about damaging it, although I think it takes more than boiling temperature to melt plastic.

Incidentally, Im aware I probably come across as a bit of a moaner in this thread. I really am pleased with the figure apart from the hands. The legs do a strange thing where they snap into a certain position when at a certain angle but I think standing him would prevent that. It's not a real issue.

I suspect with the dark judges I won't even bother changing the hands. The variants aren't all that different, from the couple I've seen! (That's not a particular issue for me. I'd be quite happy with just fixed non interchangeable hands with a grip posture, like the cheaper figures tend to have. If they're not holding anything it just looks like they're clenching a bit, which people sometimes do anyway. But I understand if you want to put them in lots of poses, that could be an issue. Once I've sorted out the hands, I don't think I'll be changing them much at all.)

*Although Sam Slade's feet kept falling off...

SIP

You can boil a kettle, pour some out into a mug then drop the hand in for a minute. It will all go very rubbery and you'll be able to separate things easily. Run the plastic under a cold tap and it will firm up again. You can also use this method to straighten up distorted limbs/ warped accessories etc.

Mardroid

Quote from: SIP on 09 December, 2016, 02:55:54 PM
You can boil a kettle, pour some out into a mug then drop the hand in for a minute. It will all go very rubbery and you'll be able to separate things easily. Run the plastic under a cold tap and it will firm up again. You can also use this method to straighten up distorted limbs/ warped accessories etc.

Thanks SIP!

SIP

No problem - this won't damage the plastic either by the way. It's not hot enough to do that.

COMMANDO FORCES

Is this the next film in the Saw series :lol: :lol: