Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Wow

I was just compoing my response to SIP's reasonable comparisons as I caught up on thi thread ..  and then it all went tits up!

Quote from: SIP on 09 December, 2016, 04:45:53 PMDredd LOOKS really good. But I would be very careful with him. As to which is the best figure between mezco and 3a? Well, my preference is always for the classic dredd look and classic bike (as per 3a's figure) - but this isn't even a close contest, the mezco is far and away the better figure and bike. The quality of the mezco dredd and bike blows 3as effort out of the water.  3A Dredd will be carefully propped up at the back of the shelf where he will not come to any harm (sam slade is forever trying to throw himself off shelves). There he can look pretty. Meanwhile I'll continue to pose and play with my mezco Dredd 😊
Can't argue with that (having never held a Mezco Dredd) - I'm a shelf displayer and I agree that 3A wins hand down in the looks department.

The 3A and Mezco threads both involve (inevitably) so much crossover and comparison that they should either be merged, or we could, y'know, just not get wound up about it.

lincnash

Wouldn't it be like a virtual Apocalypse War if we merge 3A and Mezco 2000AD threads ?. :lol:

3A Dredd is on his way, I don't actually have him yet.
To my mind he is a fair representation of classic Bolland art, in figure form.
So there are some design/engineering issues that limit the "action figure" aspect.

I do have Mezco PX Cursed Earth (Disco Dredd!).
He is more a "generic" Dredd (mix of artists) and a "true" action figure.
Magnets for the uniform pieces was innovative.
The uniform color is poo, but the Radcloak and Shotgun make this figure.
I played with him for a while (very sturdy), now he is with his Re-Action and LCBH clones.

The Mezco vs 3A comparison is a good thing.
The blind argument is entertaining, so continue if required.
The "Wally Squad" for both companies report back and make corrections.
*cough* 3A 1/12 Dredd body correction before release *cough* :)

SIP

3a certainly has a classic Dredd look. He looks lovely, and personally I like the face. Oddly I don't think he really is Bolland. He's more classic cliff robinson before he developed his trademark helmet style. The helmet is pure dillon and the mk 1 lawgiver is 100% Mcmahon.  He's my idealised version of Dredd, not the muscle bound dredd that Bisley brought us. For me the aesthetic is near perfect and I really can't wait to see the 1/6 version.

Mardroid

Heh. I was going compare and discuss them both, but maybe in shouldn't!

In the end my mini review would come down to: I like them both in different ways.

You can do so more with the Mezco Dredd, and I love the fact each accessory can be fitted somewhere on the figure (minus the handcuffs, unless you have the bike.)

But 3a Dredd... he's got so much character!

lincnash

+1 for me.  :)

If these companies make these cool toys, respect the fanbase and customer.
I'll support any that releases a 2000ad character figure that catches my eye.

ted5536

Quote from: Banners on 09 December, 2016, 04:43:38 PM
From someone experiencing delays on the 3A Forum...

Quote...it looks like a label was printed, but nothing was ever mailed out.

Surely that can't be true...?

That was me I was told that by the post office today, somebody else was in the same boat still have not heard back from CS or Gregory about it.

ted5536

Finally an update on shipping just made it state side.

teckno viking

Quote from: SIP on 09 December, 2016, 10:00:39 PM
3a certainly has a classic Dredd look. He looks lovely, and personally I like the face. Oddly I don't think he really is Bolland. He's more classic cliff robinson before he developed his trademark helmet style. The helmet is pure dillon and the mk 1 lawgiver is 100% Mcmahon.  He's my idealised version of Dredd, not the muscle bound dredd that Bisley brought us. For me the aesthetic is near perfect and I really can't wait to see the 1/6 version.

SIP I Do see your points on the other artists being evident.  I honestly think those who went the Lean and Mean Clint Eastwood way Nailed him more than going Muscle bound power house as others did.
3A nailed the look no two ways about it.

Like Mandroid, Like em both for different reasons and same with Lawmasters even though you truly cannot compare as two very different designs.

@ted5536 Awesome news, hopefully this weekend :D

TheTooN

Discussion, differing opinions, even occasional arguments are good for the soul ;)

Opened the regular set this morning, first thing was to check out the legs. All good ! Huzzah ! Bent the legs to get close to seated position, turned him around to see a hole in the suit where the belt was fitted. Pink flesh through the blue suit, not a good look but fortunately only visible in this position. You cant see the hole when he's stood back up straight as it slips under the belt. Having seen one stripped down I dont understand why they decided to have it fixed to the body at all. Improvement over the way it was done on death as it cant crack but I would have preferred it to be free floating and no chance of a hole peeking out. I'll have a good play around with the figure over the weekend and see what he can do.

I've never ever had an action figure/bike set that managed to sit perfectly, Mezco included so wasnt expecting it here either. Its pretty good though provided you dont mind fiddling for a while.

Borrowed the base from F4F Dredd V Death and the little badge was a remnant from smashing up PCS Dredd on Lawmaster. Its definitely made me think again about having some little dio's commissioned.

I'm over the moon with them and hope 3A bring out the Apocalypse war set in due course.

teckno viking

Quote from: TheTooN on 10 December, 2016, 12:21:44 PM
Discussion, differing opinions, even occasional arguments are good for the soul ;)

Opened the regular set this morning, first thing was to check out the legs. All good ! Huzzah ! Bent the legs to get close to seated position, turned him around to see a hole in the suit where the belt was fitted. Pink flesh through the blue suit, not a good look but fortunately only visible in this position. You cant see the hole when he's stood back up straight as it slips under the belt. Having seen one stripped down I dont understand why they decided to have it fixed to the body at all. Improvement over the way it was done on death as it cant crack but I would have preferred it to be free floating and no chance of a hole peeking out. I'll have a good play around with the figure over the weekend and see what he can do.

I've never ever had an action figure/bike set that managed to sit perfectly, Mezco included so wasnt expecting it here either. Its pretty good though provided you dont mind fiddling for a while.

Borrowed the base from F4F Dredd V Death and the little badge was a remnant from smashing up PCS Dredd on Lawmaster. Its definitely made me think again about having some little dio's commissioned.

I'm over the moon with them and hope 3A bring out the Apocalypse war set in due course.

Now that is a Great Pose on the Lawmaster.

Sorry to hear yet another issue with you and any of your orders. Reminds me of the UNLUCKY guy in one of the Dredd Stories (name eludes me).

shaolin_monkey

Still waiting for mine.  It said on the tracking it left China for London on the 27th, but no sign of it being received in the other end - surely it should be with me by now?!

Banners

Sadly, it states today on the 3A forum that they're being shipped out in batches, that delivery can take six weeks, and that the tracking numbers we have are all but useless.

So, I guess there's no point getting our hopes up or checking the tracking – they will get here when they get here.

TheTooN

My 2 were a week apart, both tracking numbers went live at the same time. One had never had an update as of yesterday morning but arrived lunchtime. Hope you guys get them soon.

Atreides

Man... so many got already, i am happy for you who got one already but I want mine NOW!  >:(
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

teckno viking

Hopefully if Not today on Monday we will be seeing pots "I got Mine"!

Well a little playtime as everyones in bed YAY.

Dug out my 1/12 Lawgiver armoury. 3A MKII is the same size (tad thinner) as the ReAction MKII but think Mezco Wins on the MKII version.
As for the MKI, 3A Win over the ReAction MKIs

"Bazooka Joe"

MEZCO Radcloak & 3A Judge.

3A & ReAction Belts are pretty close.

Dredd & Lawmaster