Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincnash

:D
M:- Mongrol SMUSH with power paws !!!
D:- Depleted Uranium shells, think it over CREEP !!

James Stacey

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

TheTooN

That was what I was planning the first time I did it on the Mezco. Figured the spare hands on Death were pretty much a waste being so similar to each other so I would make a half glove and recreate that iconic cover. As with so many other ideas I dont have the skills to back it up and it went the way of the dodo. I posted the 'Drokk' pic in a couple of facebook collectors groups with the caption "Cursed Earth catches up with Dredd" or something like that.

Mardroid

This grim looking chap came today. Ive yet to open the packet, but what a great looking figure!

No sign of his brother yet. To be fair he wasn't mentioned in the delivery, but I wondered if he would be in the same box as he was for some others.

On the other hand, maybe he is just feeling sheepish.

https://youtu.be/6zXDo4dL7SU

teckno viking

Mine Fri-Mon of Fear & Mortis YAY cannot wait.

Seen on Fwoosh and here and fb, seems Fear is a delicate flower with the face. So be careful

BPP

2 Mortis turned up - the regular brown cartons inside a unifying brown paper wrap
1 Fear turned up - unwrapped brown carton.

1 Fear still in transit.

I'm guessing they did the 2 Mortis together as they were ordered inside a day of each other (one is #150-something, the other 310-something) so would have been in the same batch for dispatch and someone in 3A noticed whereas the Fears were a week apart and so likely in different pages of the dispatch lists. Likely explains why some folk get their Fear and Mortis together in one package and others (like me) dont.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

James Stacey

Fear and Mortis have arrived. Yay. Both in separate cartons although it only had one box as shipping.
Happy James

Mardroid

Quote from: teckno viking on 15 December, 2016, 01:24:49 PM
Mine Fri-Mon of Fear & Mortis YAY cannot wait.

Seen on Fwoosh and here and fb, seems Fear is a delicate flower with the face. So be careful

This is very true. The visor halves pop off with the smallest provocation. I.e. I turned his head shortly after taking him out of the packet and the right visor catapulted off onto the floor. Took me a while to find it.

They stay pretty much in place if you don't touch them, but if the figure topples over you can guarantee they'll pop out.

You may also need to apply glue to his helmet wings. One of them came out too, a couple of times. It's not actually broken, as you can slot it into pace easily, so I guess it was made like that. But as the wings aren't supposed to come off, I wonder if 3a were stringent in their glue applications.

I've found similar things with other figures.

The good stuff: he looks great.

The hands can be exchanged pretty easily. I.e. you can pull the hands off and the pegs remain embedded in the arms, unlike Dredd. (I still haven't changed any of his hands yet.)

I'm a bit nervous of the left hand as it didn't click when I put on the next hand, which makes me wonder if its on properly as the fabric of his uniform does get in the way a bit. It seems pretty firm though.

I love the big bear trap. I think the end of the chain can hook onto one of the little traps on his belt,(left side) but it's a bit fiddly.

I wanted to pull the chain through the holding hand a bit more, but again, it's rather fiddly.

The open visor pieces exposing his face of fear look good.

I would have rather they had set up little hinges in the helmet to make the visor openable rather than these little pieces just asking to pop off and get lost, but I suppose on a figure this scale that might be difficult. Not a full metal hinge but a little peg at the top and bottom of each visor piece that fits into little holes in the helmet would suffice.

Other alternatives: fully swappable faces (open and closed) or swappable heads. You have just one extra piece that way and it's bigger, so easier to find if dropped.

Overall: good looking figure but handle with care. And if you wish to turn his head, keep your fingers on the visor so it doesn't pop out. And also be careful it doesn't come off with your finger and fall on the floor. Yes it did that too.

dweezil2

Fear and Mortis have arrived in misty Kent!  :)

Now, where's that Johnny Alpha pre-order!!!!??  :lol:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

teckno viking

WOW Fear does look great but sounds like 3A are taking a leaf out of McFarlane with "Action Figure" STATUES. Awesome detail, have joints But DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH THEM!

The hinged visors sounds like a no brainer really and as he comes with wings embedded into the helmet, why they are loose is Strange. Could understand if packaged wings separately.

Still probably ways round that with a dab of glue for wings and maybe either glued face section or maybe someone will do an after market replacement of better detail/hinged?

Oh just had confirmation FEAR & Mortis coming TOMORROW DRokkin Awesome. As today 2nd Standard 3A Dredd & Lawmaster arrived along with my Planet Replica MKII Lawgiver (to join my MKI)

STOMM! Drokking DREDD FILLED DAYS :D

TheTooN

Sorry you were out   :'(  2 packages, might be Mortis and Fear but could equally be for the missus. Collect in the morning.

On the plus side, Rogue One was superb ! No spoilers but the best Star Wars movie since ROTJ in my opinion.

I hope (once we all have our goodies) 3A put up pre-orders for Giant, Alpha and Ro-Jaws. I cant get enough of these little beauties.

Sounds like the glue on Fears head is weak like it was on Sams boot tassles and Dredds pads. Easy fix just go easy on quantity so it doesnt smudge the paint.

Mardroid

Quote from: teckno viking on 15 December, 2016, 03:38:27 PM
WOW Fear does look great but sounds like 3A are taking a leaf out of McFarlane with "Action Figure" STATUES. Awesome detail, have joints But DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH THEM!

The hinged visors sounds like a no brainer really and as he comes with wings embedded into the helmet, why they are loose is Strange. Could understand if packaged wings separately.

I don't think they're supposed to be. One of them seems very firm in place. In fact I'd think it were a fixture, if I didn't know. You can't even see the joins, although a good paint application would do that.

Actually there does seem to be a tiny peg missing on the loose side too. I don't think it broke off as such as it wasn't put on the wing in the first place. Not something I wold bother sending back since a dab of glue will do the trick. Not a nice thing after forking out so much for these things though.

I can imagine some may put glue on the visor too if they're not fussed about swapping to 'face of fear' mode. Although I likely won't be changing it to that very often, I probably will not do this as I still like the option available.

Roll on Mortis!

Quote from: TheTooN on 15 December, 2016, 03:40:24 PM
I hope (once we all have our goodies) 3A put up pre-orders for Giant, Alpha and Ro-Jaws. I cant get enough of these little beauties.

No 3a! Don't listen to him! Wait a few more months until I'm working a steady job again! Or at least keep them available on the Bambaland site for ages like you are the 1/6 Dredd.* :lol:

I am most looking forward to Alpha and Ro-Jaws too. I hope they cook up a 1/12 Hammerstien at some point too.

*I doubt I will be getting that one, by the way, although he looks smashing. I think I'll stick with 1/12.

jacob g

Ok. Finally he arrived and...

Wow.

I felt in love with this figure since I saw prototype but it's totally different thing when you hold him in hands. Now he's my number one figure what is funny cuz I always thought this spot is reserved forever for Mayor Kusanagi from Figma.

I don't want to make comparissions with Mezco but... I always had problem with hips and legs on Mezco Dredd, only when I saw him on Lawmaster I begin to understand why he looks that way (and it's the main reason I bought him). He's the one with Lawmaster and only then he's perfect, as a standalone figure not that much. It's not a problem with 3A for me.

He's fragile so I will have to display him more carefuly than indestructible Bandai TMNT (great idea, they're part plasti part metal) or almost every other figure I have (with exeption of worst figure I ever bought, Fallout Wanderer) but I can live with that.

What I wanted to say... I extremely happy for the final product.

(and, sry for my english but I wanted to share my feelings asap)
margaritas ante porcos

Albion

Balls! Went to change a hand on Mortis and the peg with the ball on the end broke.  :-[
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.