Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

That's shocking about Atreides. If it's a sorting office, do they have CCTV? Regarding outstanding deliveries, the Royal Mail site was the one to use, rather than Parcelforce, if you've tried that?

SIP

Quote from: Albion on 16 December, 2016, 10:18:15 AM
Quote from: James Stacey on 16 December, 2016, 09:15:21 AM
Quote from: Albion on 15 December, 2016, 07:30:08 PM
Balls! Went to change a hand on Mortis and the peg with the ball on the end broke.  :-[
Same here. It seems the replacement left hands dont have a big enough hole for the ball joint :-[

Yes, that's what I think too, maybe all the hands. The one I tried to change was Mortis right hand.
I've contacted 3A about it and sent them pictures.
They've been extremely quick with their replies and have said  ".... we will ask our maintenance regarding this joint problem and will reply you next early week".

Thanks for the heads up on this issue.  I'm getting my mortis next week and will think twice about switching out his hands. Or if I do decide to do it I'll boil it first. Changed fears hands a couple of times this morning and that seemed fine.

Hopefully 3a can provide you with some new pegs.

dweezil2

Quote from: Atreides on 15 December, 2016, 08:34:09 PM
$#&¥!!
Stupid postal service have royally screwed up.. Seems my package with Lawmaster and Judge Dredd arrived at my pick up place on 11th... And on 12th it was picked up! ... By who?  Not by me!

The made a huge mistake! They didn't do a ID check.. So i Wonder what will happen now... Need to call them and report in a lost package.

£@€¥!!!!

That's really shit mate!

Hope tou get it sorted!  :-\
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

BPP

Atriedes - that's terrible. Keep us informed of what happens. If you have to go retail for a new one I'll pledge a tenner.

A nerd question - what is everyone's highest shipper box numbers for these? (Found on the side of the brown box)

Mortis - 150
Fear - 329

Helps to figure out (roughly) how many were made.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Albion

Quote from: SIP on 16 December, 2016, 11:08:04 AM

That's what I'm hoping for at least but I don't think it's going to be easy getting the remaining pice of peg out of his arm.  :-\
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

James Stacey

Quote from: Albion on 16 December, 2016, 01:01:17 PM
Quote from: SIP on 16 December, 2016, 11:08:04 AM

That's what I'm hoping for at least but I don't think it's going to be easy getting the remaining pice of peg out of his arm.  :-\
either a very careful application of superglue or I'll resort to a pin vice. 3A were very responsive though which was nice.

teckno viking

YAY  FEAR & MORTIS have landed.  Just to wait for FIRE now.

The BANDS Back together Again...Almost.

I Have THREE DARK JUDGES  Ho Ho HO.

Mortis looks awesome and tail pops in easy enough, not hand swapped yet.  Feels nice and solid body wise too.

Fear, the faceplates started falling off no sooner he left the packaging. Bar that & again No hand swaps yet. He is also A Great Solid figure.
Going to have fun with these guys!

TheTooN

I'll pledge of a tenner as well Atreides, good call BPP, community counts !

Mortis - #6
Fear - #390

Mortis shipper and card was squashed so badly I thought his skull was bent out of shape. Still not sure after checking 3A's preview pics. He's such a bonny lad ! After reading about the pegs I was super careful, added a little fairy liquid to lube before putting new ones on and so far so good.

edit :- Faceplates are kinda awkward, would have preferred a second hollow head for someones fist to go through ;) I've had a go at it but struggled to get near the image due to the proportion of forearm that should go through the skull. Ended up with a b/w mezco fist which is much smaller. Look a bit poo but at least I had a go at it.

James Stacey

haha, that was the first image I thought of posing :D
I _love_ Fear. His face plates are a bit loose for my liking but they sit fine when hes not moving about. Love the wire along the edge of his cloak too for proper dynamic swirl effects

Mardroid

I got up this morning feeling rather stick, and look who was waiting for me:

Probably getting his own back on me for the sheepish gag.

Here's a side view picture just so you can see that the tail glimpsed between his legs in the first picture, is indeed a tail. He's not that kind of undead fiend.

I swapped the right hands with no difficulty. I haven't tried the left, and I'm thinking I'll leave it.

The tail pops in and out rather easily (fnarrr) so be careful it doesn't get lost.

A detailed looking figure. I was suitably disgusted by the big rotting wounds which means they've done it right, I guess.

A great and horrible looking figure all at once.

One small thing I noticed, they packaged the bits differently to the other figures. Dredd and Fear had sticky plastic holding everything in place. Mortis does not.

Not a big issue, just be careful when opening as they're liable to drop out. His tail was free in the carton, although I guess it was originally attached and popped off.

They provided a couple of little pouches to store things. One more than Fear, which was nice.

Dandontdare

I'm new to figure-collecting - anyone have good tips on standing them up? the Dark Judges do stand on their own two feet with a bit of fiddling, but I often come home to find Death face down on the carpet. Either I've got a poltergeist, or maybe it's just the radwagons thundering past on the Mancunian Way.

Not a problem for Death as he's pretty sturdy with no fragile sticky-out bits, but I'm wary of damaging Fear's helmet or Mortis' tail. Anyone use things like these? If so, any tips or recommendations of which are best and where to buy?

(PS - while searching for those, spotted a Sam Slade on Amazon for £41.32 with free UK delivery if anyone's interested)

flip-r mk2

Buggeritt adjusting Fear's right hand and peg broke :(

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

TheTooN

Not good to hear so many pegs snapping off. CS should send replacements but its bummer to have to wait until then to play. I'm sure mine wont be far away from going. Fear has one wing thats close to falling off. He took a fall this afternoon as Death has on many an occasion but must have landed on his arse as its still attached, took a minute to find the other side of his visor though.

Dark Judges are the wobbliest action figures I can remember, once I settle on a pose I've learned to lean them back against something, be it another figure, the wall or whatever. If I leave them freestanding its only a matter of time before they take flight.

If anyone fancies trying flight stands they do a great job on this size figure and usually go £4-5 a pop. Examples from my old collections of 6' Marvel Legends and DC figures. If you dont like to see the clip around the waist, pop the clip off add blutac to the end of the stand and the back of the figure. Squeeze together and job done.

TordelBack

Mardroid

Mezco Dredd comes with one of those stands, and a rough thing with a peg for standing on too. (But obviously you.can only use the latter with figures with the required hole in the sole.)

I was thinking it might be nifty to do a Fear bear trap lobbing pose with the trap in mid flight, so to speak I.e. with the stand holding up the trap. I know it's not exactly transparent, but I think it could be quite effective.

Ironically, to stay up in that pose Fear would probably need another stand for himself..