Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atreides

Amazing work teckno viking!

Want to do some photo shoot too but i see no time for that currently... Work and a 6-month baby to attend = not much free time!

Keep up to work and do some for me!  :D
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

lincnash

Judge Francis Castiglione, good one teckno.

Your 3.75" FIRE is great, think I've seen your 4 Dark Judges ages ago.

I would be happy with a 3A Fire being something like DEATH with a Ghost Rider head.
The base figure being all black,charred and sooty.
No blue uniform or green hands showing through.
The flame effect, flexible plastic with streaky orange/red/yellow details.
A few patches on the arms/elbows/legs and concentrated around the shoulders.

I have always thought of FIRE as a Dark Judge engulfed in "Supernatural" fire.
FIRE's spirit enters a dead human body, put's on the "robes of office" and lights up  :).

lincnash

Found this pic on my camera.
Forgot to post it when I did the "Evolution of Dredd 1/12" pic.
Evolution of Judge Death in 1/12.

LCBH spirit DEATH has suffered over time.
Looks like the Radback U.V. has discolored his arms and legs.

I have just finished Cursed Earth uncensored.
I've got a Prog cover homage to Mick Macca in mind.
Stay tuned.

lincnash

My "prop" was just didn't want to play.
This was the best shot without him hiding away from Dredd.

My homage to Mr. McMahon's PROG. 74 cover.

If you think he would let me put a small chain around his neck.......
I like my fingers too much.
Enjoy!  :D

teckno viking

Quote from: Atreides on 08 January, 2017, 11:28:02 PM
Amazing work teckno viking!

Want to do some photo shoot too but i see no time for that currently... Work and a 6-month baby to attend = not much free time!

Keep up to work and do some for me!  :D

Thanks Atreides and was fortuitous to have the house to myself this weekend. Wife and 3 little ones had gone to Leeds for a relatives B'day party. Sat morning helping my Father move then home to an empty house and FUN!

TBH I know full well what you mean with babies and it does not get better till they are much older hahaha

teckno viking

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 09 January, 2017, 02:20:44 AM
My "prop" was just didn't want to play.
This was the best shot without him hiding away from Dredd.

My homage to Mr. McMahon's PROG. 74 cover.

If you think he would let me put a small chain around his neck.......
I like my fingers too much.
Enjoy!  :D

That is Drokkin Awesome!

Thanks also and glad you like Fire. Your custom 1/12 idea is an easy workable one for what you describe. I would rather the Fully Fire effect Or worse case maybe Death Legs with Upper body & Head on Fire!

Mikey

Some cracking work on show there Teckno! And that's a superb pic lincnash  :D

Lookee what's appeared on Ashley Wood's Instagram...for the birthday bash, poster available at the 3a booth!

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

teckno viking

Thanks Mikey.

Yeah saw this on FB. Wonder if set at he time of the WAR vs Booth?  Or post Chaos?

Damn wish I was going to the birthday bash but a friend is coming over from Canada and crashing a few days at my home.

Had no idea a 3A Booth was going to be there, would have liked to have met face to face with their representatives.

ted5536

So figure this a long shot and slim chance, but if anyone ever has a Gronk they want to part with let me know. Was not able to get it at the time and have been monitoring EBAY with no luck for a bit now.

TheTooN

Belter of a pic LincnashOZ ! Even without the beasty it would be great, with it....superb. Is it a Skink ?

If ever a figure was due a re-release its Gronk 'n' Fish. So many folks didnt manage to get them the first time around and are hunting now. 3A could keep the SDCC and comic book ones strictly limited and just re-issue the regular gritty weathered set without causing too much upset to fans sitting on gronkmines ;)

I'd probably buy the other 2 sets myself if they decided to re-release all 3, cant see it though.

Quote from: teckno viking on 09 January, 2017, 02:40:21 PM
Had no idea a 3A Booth was going to be there, would have liked to have met face to face with their representatives.

ZOINKS  :o

I wonder if 3A will surprise fans at the 40th with early releases of anything, or maybe some sneak peaks of new figures. Someone on FB mentioned they thought the 2 guys in the poster could be Citi-Def, couple of those would be gratefully received in 1:12th !

Mardroid

Sigh. I'm not going to the convention, so I'll miss the 3a stuff. I'd love to see those!

I will likely be at the bar at some point though if anyone would like to smuggle out the new prototypes...

We can put them back after. Honest.  :lol:

jacob g

In recent newsletter 3A confirmed Apocalypse War Dredd for 2017 (no word on Johnny).
margaritas ante porcos

Mardroid

On the 15th, 3a are offering their membership again for a 24 hour period. I won't take them up on it as I don't think it would be worth my while, but I thought I'd let you guys know as I thought some of you would be interested.

It will be available at the Bambaland store.

They provide cube robot things as part of the package.

More details:

UNOFFICIAL HISTORY OF THE SQUARE booklet x 1
3AA membership card x 1

15% Discount on Bambaland throughout 2017.
Accounts Updates/Discount Starts Before Next Bambaland Sale

It costs $180.

I guess if you're gonna buy a whole bunch of 1/6 stuff that might be worth it.

TheTooN

You need to spend over $1100 to make your membership pay off with the 15% discount. I'd be up for it if I knew there was enough 2000ad coming out to make it worthwhile. 3A make some really funky looking figures but the wee squares dont entice me enough, neither did their Von de Plume figure last year meaning membership isnt worth it for me.

I posted more Dredd pics on Facebook but as most of us seem to be on there I'm wondering is it still worth reposting in here or just sticking to the craic ? I usually see peoples pics on FB and comment on there, repeating comments again on the forum feels like going through the motions so I usually dont.

This one came courtesy of Dredd's broken hip peg, I dont know if it would still be possible to pose like that if the leg was still attached so try at your own risk ;)

Picture was taken on a manky old piece of white A1 card on a really grey miserable day, clean up to make it look like a panel was done in a free software package called 'GIMP'  :lol:

lincnash

Cheers for the comments Squaxx.
Grumpy is my 9 year old pet, Stumpy-Tailed Lizard (A species of Blue-Tongued Skink).
He loves a treat of Strawberries every now and then.  :D
I didn't realize his resemblance to Satanus, until re-reading the Cursed Earth Saga.
But he is not "comic accurate", he has 5 toes on each leg.  :lol:

I really hope 3A give some thought to a Gronk re-release with Johnny due (maybe) this year.

The figures in the 3A poster look to have Judges shields with a single star and no nameplate.
The Hov-Tank looks to have a large "Justice Eagle" on the side.
My severely un-educated guess would be Judges in the war with Booth.
I would assume "Citi-Def" armbands and printed on their helmets if they were.

On the subject of Bad Bob Booth, the "fictional" one did a Press conference recently.
The Aussie dollar exchange rate rose almost 6 cents after his ramblings.
Get those 2000Ad pre-orders up 3A, while the exchange rate is getting better.  :lol: