Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

I got that mail from 3a this morning too. I was a bit puzzled they included the stub gun in the thrill mail but not the 3a pictures. The thrill mail version was taken later maybe, or that version of the gun is a prototype they wish to change? Curiously, I  assumed it was 1/12.

Concerning the armour over the rad cloak, it doesn't look so bad, but I'm of the stick to comics and practicality view (which isn't the same thing usually , but is in this case).

The pictures suggest that the 1/6 armour (at least for this version of the figure) is detachable rather than sown on, so I'd think you could style it how you wanted.

Unless they've got the armour sownn on both his uniform and his cloak, but surely that would have bulked him up way more than the picture portrays? I wonder if they're using magnets like Mezco do for its 1/12 figure.

TheTooN

Gregory just posted over at the 3A forum, the Rad cloak can be worn over the pads 'or' with the pads on top (velcro) as in the promo pic. Deviants like me can try both, you purists can have it as it should be ;)

lincnash

I assumed 1/12 Dredd after the Thrillmail also.
3 releases, 1/12 + 1/6 'Apoccy Dredd and a 1/12 Tharg ?.
I'm not sure 3A researched the newsprint Progs.

Such fond childhood memories of Dredd with Copper pad's over the Rad-cloak, huh what ?.
Perhaps they stumbled across Toon's pic's of MEZCO PX Dredd with Death hands.  :lol:

lincnash

ted5536

New Dredd is up on bambaland, cannot wait to get the 1/6th figures. Hopefully Johnny ends up in that size also.

TheTooN

Missus has gone out to Saturday morning football with the nipper so I had no-one to ask if I could order 2 Apocalypse War Dredds, so.....Its her fault ;) I do wish 3A had managed to make a couple more changes to this one to better reflect Carlos style, but I'm more than happy to have it at all.

It'll be another a long wait to Q4 17 for these, hopefully they manage to get them out before the Christmas rush after the problems some folk suffered this year. And hopefully the 1st 1:6th Dredd is still on course for Q2 17. I dont buy movie merchandise so haven't had a 1:6th Dredd yet, cant wait to have a play.

TordelBack

Not that it isn't utterly gorgeous, but this is really West Wall Duty Dredd with a stub gun. At a minimum Apocalypse War Dredd should be missing one sleeve, and have a bullet hole in his badge. These don't sound like difficult changes.

Option of a Sov helmet to go with that cloak would be sweeeeet.

teckno viking

CITY OF THE DAMNED

"Gonna squeeze the life outta ya Joe"

teckno viking

Dredd vs Predator

The Challenge is cried out by Wolf after besting a Judge!

The challenge is heard and accepted by Dredd. Mega City One is HIS domain, His Jungle. For Dredd Is the LAW!

Dreddzilla

Quote from: dweezil2 on 08 February, 2017, 05:55:55 PM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 08 February, 2017, 05:49:12 PM
Is that a 1/12 Tharg I spy in today's Thrill-mail?  :)

Wonder if he'll be available at the 40th bash!?

Do we know if this Figure will have a Rad Cloak too? And maybe the MK.II Lawgiver?

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 12 February, 2017, 12:05:06 AM
Do we know if this Figure will have a Rad Cloak too? And maybe the MK.II Lawgiver?

Looks like yes to the Rad Cloak, but no to the MK.II (the video shows an MK.I, along with the Stub Gun and Daystick etc.)
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O_OUxayeOQ

lincnash

Awesome pics/work as usual teckno  :)

1/6 Apocalypse War : Dredd is up on Bamba, known.
Great exclusive Rad-cloak and (coming, no pic) Stub Gun.
I'm not a fan of the colour scheme, although the Blue is "Dredd".

I was trying to clear this up in a earlier post.
Did Thrillmail "let the cat out of the bag" ?.
The 1/6 and Thrillmail Dredd's look different.
Convention pic's have surfaced online months ago.
1/12 Apocalypse War : Dredd, astride a Blue Lawmaster.
Extremely similar Dredd (holding Stub Gun), shows up next to Tharg.
If a 1/12 Apocalypse War : Dredd AND Lawmaster is coming, I'm in !.
6 inch Dredd, Rad-Cloak, Stub Gun, "subdued Copper" scheme :D.

TheTooN

Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick the Thrill mail was 1:12th alongside Tharg. Comes with Stub Gun, (which looks 'very' long and 'very' bright to me) Shotty and MK1, no Rad cloak, not sure about a MKII as it's a themed release before its time.

I dont remember the MKII being in use at all when I read the prog, I quit early 90's. When was the MK II first adopted in the prog folks ? And was it just casually thrown in there or did it have some background ?

3A's display at the 40th had Apocalypse war 1:12th with stub gun on display on his own next to Tharg. Regular Dredd was sat on the Apocalypse war bike at the front. Even more confusing, 1:6th Apocalypse Dredd has a 1:6th shotty in front of him which I assume is only included with the first 1:6th release.

It will all come out in the wash I guess ;)

Dash Decent

If they're reissuing Tharg, maybe we'll get a crack at Judge Fish and the Gronk again too.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Dash Decent on 12 February, 2017, 10:21:37 AM

If they're reissuing Tharg, maybe we'll get a crack at Judge Fish and the Gronk again too.
I think a reissue would be if this Tharg was 1/6 scale. This is just a new figure.