Main Menu

2000AD Nov/Dec Art Comp: Location, Location, Location

Started by Jim_Campbell, 23 November, 2009, 11:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncle fester

That's excellent Mangamax. Who cares if you're doing a nod to one of his panels, you still need more than a small amount of patience to produce it.

SuperSurfer

Stunning stuff, Mangamax. Massimo might be the influence, but you made it your own.

Jim_Campbell

I think it's Belardinelli for me, too ... but not Slaine.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Ah the big, bad Mega-City 1. Painted in photoshop over a period of a few days and still not completed! The Dredd poster is one of my old paintings I scanned in and then mucked about with it using different layer styles+ fading it off a bit. Might get a little more done but at this time of year obviously other things tend to interrupt you.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Kerrin

SuperSurfer

Incredible, IAMTHESYSTEM. We need to be seeing more of your work.

Bhuna

Thats great that Iamthesystem...

Right, here's my effort. Tried graying it with the magic markers with Manga Studio.

Anyone have any idea what the sign says??? There 1,000 geek-kudos points up for grabs! I just hope I've translated in right!

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

TordelBack

Top line is "[spoiler]Sourlands"[/spoiler], allowing for a typo (carvo?) on the 'R".

Bottom line is '[spoiler]Around Here".[/spoiler]

But the middle line has me stumped.  Really great picture, though!

mygrimmbrother

Jeez Bhuna, that's bloomin' great. It's also uncannily like mine (still a work in progress). Might have to amend it slightly!

Weird!

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

JayzusB.Christ

That's just Sraine's accent.

The Sourlands - like it!  Always thought it was one of the best Slaine locations - actually maybe Slaine is back to being an adventurer, Pat Mills should start dreaming up a few new inventive ones?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Van Dom

Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Bhuna

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 20 December, 2009, 09:13:50 PM
Jeez Bhuna, that's bloomin' great. It's also uncannily like mine (still a work in progress). Might have to amend it slightly!

Weird!

Great minds think alike Grimbo! Pull ya finger out and get it posted mate!
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

uncle fester

SYSTEM that's just gorgeous! And Bhuna! Fantastic stuff! But I can't decipher such things on a Monday morning...

W. R. Logan