Main Menu

Who's going to Hi-Ex 2012?

Started by Proudhuff, 06 September, 2011, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Should have clarified

"Conspiracy of events including a fear of spending any time in a Burdis driven vehicle"  :o

COMMANDO FORCES

We all survived the last one, just!

Proudhuff

Huzzah! Ticket and B&B Booked. Now the cheapie train and that's it...D&D, except finding the beer fund  :-[
DDT did a job on me

satchmo

Richmond Clements

satchmo

Yep none of my lame-ass "imminent childbirth" excuses like last time  :D

Mike Carroll

The Enigmatic Dr X

My plans have been thrown into disarray.

I, um, kinda forgot it was my boy's birthday that weekend. Mrs X is less likely to forget me forgetting.
Lock up your spoons!

Mike Carroll

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 16 February, 2012, 10:37:59 PM

I, um, kinda forgot it was my boy's birthday that weekend. Mrs X is less likely to forget me forgetting.

You know what would be the coolest birthday present you could give Dr X Jr? A trip to a comic convention in Inverness!

-- Mike

Proudhuff

Quote from: satchmo on 12 February, 2012, 08:09:59 PM
Yep none of my lame-ass "imminent childbirth" excuses like last time  :D

Huzzah! we can go chasing drugdealers again  :o

Dr X, let him get used to being disappointed, he's Scottish after all
DDT did a job on me

Large48

Looks like Premier Inn have just opened a new hotel in Inverness......

Somewhere else to look at if its near etc...
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 16 February, 2012, 11:57:58 PM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 16 February, 2012, 10:37:59 PM

You know what would be the coolest birthday present you could give Dr X Jr? A trip to a comic convention in Inverness!

-- Mike

My first reaction was to say "yes, that's a great idea." Then I mentioned it to my wife who shook her head and said, "He'll be two."

Maybe in three years time, then...
Lock up your spoons!

Proudhuff

He'll never know you've gone! after listening to my teenagers recount their earliest memories all those holidays and birthdays treats have vanished and all they remember are telly programmes  ::) just stick im in front of the telly  :D
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Quote from: Large48 on 17 February, 2012, 12:29:54 PM
Looks like Premier Inn have just opened a new hotel in Inverness......

Somewhere else to look at if its near etc...

If it's the Central one it looks like its right across the river from the Ramadamadingdon Hotel, in the former bingo hall building nice and close to the Eden and the Con Bar
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 17 February, 2012, 01:46:58 PM
He'll never know you've gone! after listening to my teenagers recount their earliest memories all those holidays and birthdays treats have vanished and all they remember are telly programmes  ::)

This of course is true, but it isn't the whole story.  The later memories we do retain are formed in the context of the memories we still had then -  so, for example, while a child may have no memory of being taken to a waterparkr as very young 'un, the later memories they do recall associated with swimming will have been more positive because they were more familiar and happier with the experience at the time, as opposed to being nervous and unsure.

And ditto Highland comics cons.  Not for nothing do the Jesuits say "get 'em while they're fresh".