Main Menu

Twitter-pated ?!

Started by Marbles, 12 June, 2009, 08:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

Blue Meanie, the silliness of journalistic twitter-related news gets on my wick too, in a small way. It will die down and be replaced by something else annoying in due course, I assume.

Devons Daddy

I Dont understand the twitter thing.

i understand its big, lots of people use it, but for me its none event. though in this region its not yet that big. perhaps i will understand when it gets bigger.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Judge Man

If I'm not mistaken, Twitter is mostly used by online business professionals to promote their business to various people online.
Honestly, I do have one. I just do it for fun. :geek:

Peter Wolf

Two words:

Ashton Kutcher.

Enough said.

Celebs and celeb culture have ruined twitter.Maybe not ruined it as you can bypass them but they take over everything and think that they have to be the centre of everyones attention.

Shallow emptyheads.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Wake

I've made three lists for 2000AD creators on twitter:

2000AD Writers

2000AD Artists

2000AD Colourists, Letterers and Journalists

Please let me know if I need to add anyone.

Cheers,

Wake

Rio De Fideldo

Like what PJ said I think Twitter is really good at getting news from those in the know.

This post was sent by Wake yesterday

Suggested actor for new Judge Dredd film has got both the looks and the voice according to creator John Wagner.

Jock then added

from what i've seen, this guy is a good choice [for Judge Dredd]. nothing's official tho.

The thing about Twitter is you only follow those people you're interested in so Asthton isn't a problem.

Another thing I really like is when someone who's opinion I'm interested in and am already following links to a blog or website which I find interesting and wouldn't necesarrily have read. 

Oh by the way my account/username is richardfield but I never really post what I'm doing as I don't want to clog anyone's page up with trivia.

kek-w

Jared Katooie

quote]Facebook hit a new low for me when I was invited to take the quiz 'which kitchen implement are you?' Pointless drivel would be a generous description.[[/quote]

You're only saying that because you're a spatula.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Pete Wells

Well, as usual I'm late to Twitter but I'm absolutely loving it. Jock is a really prolific tweeter and points you in the direction of some great comics related stuff.

However, I think possibly my favourite person I follow is Peter Serafinowicz. He brightens up my day with the irreverent stuff he pops up there. The gems he said yesterday were "Did you know, in maggot cinema, the crowd scenes are often played by rice?" and "To dogs, a lipstick stand often looks like a dildo store." Ha!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richard Field on 16 October, 2009, 04:51:48 PM

Suggested actor for new Judge Dredd film has got both the looks and the voice according to creator John Wagner.

Please, God, don't let it be Matthew Fox.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 18 October, 2009, 10:00:11 AM
Quote from: Richard Field on 16 October, 2009, 04:51:48 PM

Please, God, don't let it be Matthew Fox.

Cheers

Jim

Arf!

BTW: @richclements  and @HiExComicCon

Mike Gloady

Jim beat me to it.

Damn.

I don't twitter, as most of the interesting stuff that goes ON there finds it's way to me via Facebook or this place. 

Speaking of which, feel free to look me up on FB, my user name is also my real name and I'm the only person BY that name (although a distant American relative has my first name as his middle name, so think "London") - although if you ARE going to, inform me of your user name on here when you add me, ok?
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

bluemeanie

I'm bringing this back as I've done a 180 on Twitter and kinda love it now.

I STILL hate the linking to Facebook as on there it doesnt work, but as and of itself its pretty fun and a good way to bullshit with mates etc. Been using it for a month now and resisted the urge to follow any celebs (other than Mr PJ Holden and Mr Al Ewing but as I've had a beer with them I count them as real people) but the countdown clock to http://twitter.com/ditavonTeese is almost at Big Ben proportions.

Does work a lot better using Tweetdeck than the web interface though. You can sort shit better and its a lot less confusing.

so says http://twitter.com/welshbluemeanie     :-*

amberkraken

I still don't really 'get' twitter, but use it occasionally. Seems to work better for people with fancy phones who can check it all the time rather than a couple times a week as I do.
One thing I'd do to improve it is not be able to view 'tweets' that people you follow post '@...blah blah blah' as it's half a conversation I'm not privy too! Like overhearing a loadmouth in a pub!