Main Menu

Red Dwarf is Coming Back

Started by karlos, 18 October, 2019, 03:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Official synopsis time! Looks good so far plus Norman Lovett is back as Holly.

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2020/02/14/whats-it-all-about/

IndigoPrime

Quote from: von Boom on 14 February, 2020, 02:21:55 PMplus Norman Lovett is back as Holly
Hmm. Given that he's been a massive prick about Red Dwarf on multiple occasions, it's curious that Hattie Hayridge continues to be so overlooked by the show. (Plus, her inclusion may have at least stopped it being an ongoing boys club. Oh well.)

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

von Boom

von Boom

IndigoPrime

That's a very weird trailer for Red Dwarf...

Professor Bear

It's quite amusing that the writer of that RT article thinks Red Dwarf is "taking itself more seriously" rather than just releasing a teaser that takes the piss out of identikit sci-fi/superhero movie trailers.

MacabreMagpie

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 March, 2020, 03:56:21 PM
That's a very weird trailer for Red Dwarf...

It's done trailers with that sort of tone before (though this is just a teaser, I imagine a full trailer with arrive at some point), I seem to remember at least one of the last two had more of a focus on drama.

I don't mind it, to be honest. When it returned for series X, it was like they were scared to show anything other than "it's funny, we promise!!" and so it was just a collection of gags. Whereas my favourite type of Dwarf trailer is the one they released for series 8 (which, ironically, is one of my least favourite series) which in itself was obviously a parody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4ySlaBZMC0

von Boom

Dandontdare

JamesC

von Boom

So did I. I hope we get at least one more series.

Greg M.

A lot of big, silly fun. Almost a Red Dwarf pantomime at times, but also with a few poignant moments and some good jokes. Doug must have been overjoyed to finally [spoiler]get Rimmer in black and white, as had been the plan for series 1.[/spoiler] I wasn't that bothered about Holly's return beforehand, but Norman stole the show. I think he must have realised it himself - he could barely keep the smirk off his face whilst delivering the film's funniest lines and basking in the adulation of a hugely enthusiastic audience.

MacabreMagpie

Bloody loved it. Forgot what was going on in the world for much of that two hours, which is no easy feat.

I appreciate how much they did with certain characters that felt like something fresh and new for them (Rimmer, Holly, Cat) rather than just retreading old jokes and it certainly felt like a worthy story to tell in this format.

And didn't it look and sound great, too?