Main Menu

Dredd's suit: Onesy or two-piece?

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 11 February, 2014, 01:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: sauchie olympics on 11 February, 2014, 07:51:23 PMI'm sure Urban's does, but Thirlby's wearing a kind of leotard and tights combo.

The only real difference in the uniforms is that the female version has a gusset but they're still a twosie as shown and described in the auctions as jacket and trou.

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 February, 2014, 07:59:01 PM
The only real difference in the (movie) uniforms is that the female version has a gusset

Who would have thought Justice Department would be so worried about preventing camel toe? Or an R-rated movie.

Bat King

I'm pretty sure I am accepting Joe Soap's answer. I like the simplicity and real-worldness of it.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 February, 2014, 07:56:58 PM
Just checked, yep, Prologue to City of the Damned (Dillon)

When you're right, you're right; that's got to be the earliest instance of the matinee jacket. Who would have thought Anderson would be so demure she rocks a tank top underneath her regs - or is that Robin Smith altering art at editorial request?

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 February, 2014, 07:56:58 PM
Also, Garcia in the first part of The Pit (Ezquerra).

When DeMarco breaks a million fanboys' hearts by putting her uniform back on - on the second page of part two of the Unjudicial Liasons sequence of that same story - it's definitely a jump suit. We need an in-story explanation, like when they upgraded to the Mk II lawgiver *.

* I might not actually mean this

JOE SOAP

Dash Decent

It's got to be a two piece because the practicalities of going to the toilet become nightmarish if you have not just a belt in the way, but a badge chain only seven links long fighting you to get that zipper down past your crotch.  If you need a sit down visit, you've either got to suppose a rear flap or that they shrug off the whole top part (pads and all) to get the pants section down.

Of course given how long the Judges are on patrol they probably have some wee absorption system.  We never see any loos at the watchbays.

And of course, if they are two pieces, they do manage to get those two zips amazingly well lined up.  That's discipline!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Frank

The dialogue on that page can be made even more entertaining by replacing the word psychiatric with the phrase colo-rectal. Works for the whole story, including the use of tight boots as a distraction, and the idea that Dredd's troubled not by doubts regarding his role in the system but by haemorrhoids ret-cons what Wagner considered a dramatic mis-step.

Interesting that Uncle Ron tackles the trousers and jacket as separates, but imagines the jacket, eagle and shoulder pad as being of a piece.

Bat King

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 February, 2014, 08:22:37 PM
Quote from: Bat King on 11 February, 2014, 08:09:47 PM
I'm pretty sure I am accepting Joe Soap's answer. I like the simplicity and real-worldness of it.

I'm only relaying:

Beneath this already impressive piece is a set of ladies black leather trousers and jacket (both marked "Levin" inside, no sizes marked), black leather gloves, heavy black biker boots adorned with futuristic plastic panels.

Fair comment - but I like this explanation. It answers all the art issues simply and succinctly. It is a two-piece that fastens in to a one-piece.

Sorted.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

teckno viking

Always believed it was a 2 piece. Due to practicality. Plus gives an option for the Muscle Top/Tank Top with Justice Dept Logo on Left Breast.