Main Menu

FEBRUARY ART COMP - RESULTS THREAD

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 March, 2014, 12:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

THIRD PLACE - DARK JIMBO

SECOND PLACE - ARCHIE

FIRST PLACE - JON

What a month! Even for a very short amount of time the entries were astounding, and Jon was our landslide winner with over double the amount of votes than anyone else. Puns win prizes - ! Remember you can find out about those behind the pictures and more over on the comp facebook page --> https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp

THARG'S CHOICE goes to Pictsy's Hammerstone -

DROID'S CHOICE

This month's choosing droid is the singularly astounding comics legend Mr John Higgins!

QuoteGreat entries this month, all of them have something I could talk about. A lot of work has gone into a number of the pictures and others which might have a faster finish are funny with a clever imagination. Some pictures have a finish that required a lot of effort, but for me the one that has it all is Halo Bones. The composition and content with a very professional line style, it is all there.

March's comp will be up before the day is out!

Stan

I didn't even realise the competition had started up again. Really nice work though, innit. I'm glad I didn't bother.

COMMANDO FORCES

Well done everyone, some really great images from the past on display this month!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

This contest is the best hing on this forum
You may quote me on that.

Colin YNWA

Wow I can't remember the last time my first two matched the result - but of course its not about that its about sending gallons of internet hug juice to all the deserving winners, everyone else who entered and of course, as ever, in a now cliched and tied fashion, in a way we should never bore of doing hailing the mighty if a little doolally vulpes device for maintaining the comp to the wondrous form he got it back into.

Great stuff people.

Frank

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 March, 2014, 06:56:38 AM
we should never bore of hailing the mighty (Crazy Fox Machine) for restoring the comp to wondrous form.

It spares Tharg's blushes for no longer printing readers' drawings in the Nerve Centre. Congratulations, all.

Alski

A worthy winner, would have made a great poster in the Halo Jones days.

(Don't forget to vote in the short story comp please - twothy GN to be won for voting)
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Jon

Firstly, thank you all very much. Really, thank you.

Secondly, John Higgins! John "Watchmen" Higgins!? The guy who did a self-portrait on Dredd's knuckle in Bad Guys, a bit like that cheeky trick Van Eyck did in his wedding painting with the mirror?! That John Higgins?!

I haven't been this happy since Mick McMahon once told me he liked my Christmas card in a lift*. Well, you know, wedding day, first Creme Egg, that kind of thing.... But, wow!

*We were in a lift. The card wasn't set in a lift.

SKD

Well done to all the winners and especially to Jon, who once again turned in a superb piece of artwork. (Well deserved praise from the mighty John Higgins too) Thanks again to the divinity that is the CrazyFox, roll on this months comp.

Stew.  :)

pictsy

Fantastic!  Tharg's choice!  Thank you so much, this is an amazing honour.  I am chuffed to bits :D

allied72

Great entries and worthy winners, thanks again to Crazy Fox Machine for oragnising everything

Link Prime

Well done all, particularly Jon & Pictsy.

Neil McClements

Well done winners. All good stuff as usual and thanks for everyone who took the time to vote for all of our efforts and finally not forgetting thanks to Owen.

8-Ball

From someone who can't paint for poop I'd just like to say a hearty congratulations to the top three and also to everyone who took part. Great work.  :)
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Stan

Quote from: pictsy on 01 March, 2014, 01:24:54 PM
Fantastic!  Tharg's choice!  Thank you so much, this is an amazing honour.  I am chuffed to bits :D

Well done! I haven't been keeping up lately but I assumed that was your first trophy. :klinsmanndive: