Main Menu

PROG 1501

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 14 August, 2006, 02:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

My Prog was knacked by being folded round the sampler. I emailed Denise about it. Just got a reply saying 'It's okay, I'll send you another copy...of the sampler'/

Artificial Idiot

Haven't we already been sent a copy of the sampler? Or is this a different one? Do we get some sort of prize for every friend we pass them along too, or something?

Fantastic prog! Dredd was well worth the wait! If it continues at this quality till Febuary? I'm sure we'll all be overjoyed.

Stone Island is shaping up to be really fun as well, certaintly looks to be one of the better off one off's recently. Malone is still wait and see for me, good to have the Banzai's back and Dante going somewhere again!  

paulvonscott

Dave, my prog very narly suffered the same fate, the envelope was bent and twisted and ripped, looked wuite a mess.  Prog survived just.

DavidXBrunt

Ah, not just me then. Mine wouldn't lay flat, it was completely damaged and beyond a simple ironing. Still D-Spock is sorting it out.

Oddboy

Also, it's reminding me of Bison, for some reason.

Me too... it's kind of off-putting. I don't really know where the stories heading, but not in a Judge Dredd exciting way, more of a losing interest fast & ceasing to care kinda way.
Hope it picks up soon, but so far it just seems to be clich? noir dialogue all the way (without the humour of, say, The Simping Detective).

Stone Island on the other hand is reminding me of Thirteen - and I'm loving it so far. The Shawshank Redemption shortcut scene was great.

Dredd: What's in the box? Info on Fargo I reckon. Possibly even some bit of him (heart?) or one of his clones? Or is it completely seperate from the whole clone question?

Dante: Same as most people, it's good but it's lost momentum in the spaced out publishing schedule...

Banzai Battalion: Great to have 'em back!

Better set your phaser to stun.

Oddboy

know where the stories heading, but Ga-eeeesh!! *shudder*

...know where the story's heading, but...

Proudhuff

No prog fir me, I thought my subby ran out @1502 perhaps its now, sob!!

Huff
DDT did a job on me

Trout

My prog had a fold in the first few pages, due to be stuffed in an envelope with a load of adverts.

It's not the end of the world. It's still nice for subbers to see what else is going on at Rebellion, and have a chance at some bargains.

- Trout

Floyd-the-k

finished it today on the tram. My copy was in perfect condition.
  All is good - the Dredd isn't as earthshaking as I'd thought it would be, but is trundling along nicely.  
 Malone: good so far
 Stone Island: Porridge meets Aliens...
  Banzai Battalion: yaaay!
  Droid Life: good fun. Is that brain meant to be Sylvester McCoy?
  Dante: Art gorgeous, story ho-hum...as someone has already said, get him back into gallivanting.

Bolt-01

Thanks for the Hershey Click Tharg. It arrived nice and safe in the all purpose white envelope.

Bolt-01

Tiplodocus

Enjoyed the prog apart from Dante which not only am I bored with plotwise but I believe Burns is turning in some severley sub-standard art with terrible design work and those ridiculous "I threw an action man across the floor and this is the position it landed in so I'll draw that even though it doesn't look dramatic in the slightest" poses.

MALONE is currently my cup of tea - it's not afraid to spend a bit of time develop it's characters.

I'm enjoying STONE ISLAND as well but wish it wasn't afraid to spend a bit more time developing it's characters.  And I'm getting tired of Edgy constantly riffing of other films and pop culture.

Dredd is great and I also enjoyed Banzai Battallion (did I ever tell you I had a future shock planned only to toss it in the bin when the first Banzai Battallion told the same gag in it's opening three pages?).  I'm possibly on a limb here but I think Steve Roberts could have spent a bit more time on the character design for the Bad Banzai Battallion as well.

Is Bolt being sarcastic above?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bolt-01

Not at all. The envelope for the Heroclick actually did the job better than my prog envelope this week. crazily though, there seem to have been a spate of bad prog envelopes this week.

:)

bolt01

Oddboy

True...my prog had a little tear in it.

Artificial Idiot

Yeah, my thrill-power-containment-unit was breached as well, although luckily the contents survived despite the efforts of those dastardly thrill-suckers (otherwise known as the Royal Mail).

Satanist

Well my prog was perfect cos I got to choose it off the shelf.

Is Wagner on fire or what? Dredd is just ace.

Stone Islands cracking as well.

Malones good.

Agree that Banzai could have done with more work on the art.

Also agree with Tips on Dante. The story is boring and his mum looks like shes had a stroke on that first panel.

Good prog but I would pay ?1.75 for Dredd alone at the mo.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?