Main Menu

Sky dealing like hustlers.

Started by Carlsborg Expert, 29 November, 2006, 05:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlsborg Expert

So me and my partner decided to buy into Sky right.

Great for the 3 month freebie deal.

Bad news started coming through when the bills did not correspond to the deal.

Phoned them.

They said get in touch with the suppliers. A company called Spectrum supplied us with box, dish and installation.

Apparently a code was given to Sky ( Sky bod's blaming suppliers) and it was wrong. Phone back suppliers, Suppliers say- "right code is given to Sky.

The suppliers give us the code to give to Sky.

20 minutes holding time. My partner gets cut off halfway through the complaint.

Another 20 minutes hold. Some mumbling prick denies any knowledge and cannot get any management to speak to us, regarding the money they now owe us from DD overpayments.

No channels except Zone shite and still back to a premium package after 3 month freebie.

Another 20 mins hold tomorrow with no knowing wther we will be redeemed for Sky's f**k up

Has anybody else been shafted by the company and can I get any legal advice on how to sock it to these cocks.

PLEASE.

DavidXBrunt

Fraid not. Moral of the story - just buy a set top box. Unless you're prepared to put a lot of effort in and can prove they misled you there's not much hope.

DavidXBrunt

Fraid not. Moral of the story - just buy a set top box. Unless you're prepared to put a lot of effort in and can prove they misled you there's not much hope.

Carlsborg Expert

good news just in

Partner just given Sky a right going over and Sky is back on and we are up £10 quid.

Moral number 2. Don't get mad get even.

Dudley

Moral number 3.  When in doubt, get your partner to shout at them.

WoD

I like Sky (a lot) due to them being good when ever I've had a problem (and I've not had many), sometimes getting the 'right' person in the call centre can make all the difference.

WoD

BT on the other hand...and some of the muppets at T-Mobile...

Matt Timson

The thing with Sky (especially if it's Sky+ or HD) is that you have to make the effort to complain when things go wrong- not rant down the phone or anything, just let it be known that you're not happy and the complaint then goes on file.

That way, when your box, out of warranty, finally does knacker up (and it will because they all do), you can remind them that you were making complaints when the box was still under warranty and that they failed to fix the problem at the appropriate time (whenever you ring with a fault, you'll be told to pretty much turn it off and on again- I shit you not).

At this time, you'll be out of contract as well and when they tell you that it'll cost you X amount of cash to get it repaired, you can tell them them to stick it as you're going with your local cable provider instead.  They can't help you out fast enough once they realise you're intending to leave and they'll usually have an engineer round your house, free of charge, within 48 hours.

Hurrah!
Pffft...

the3rdman

sky have been great with me. I upgraded to a sky+ box and within a couple of days it went tits up. Sky were out the next day replaced the whole shabang and its been fine since.

Telewest cable on the other hand have been dicking me about for the past week trying to fix my broadband. 2 new modems and 5 30min calls to the blueyonder help and still not working.

anyone with sky broadband?

SamuelAWilkinson

Not got sky broadband myself, but a friend of mine spent four successive months trying to get them to get their asses in gear and sort his out. Apparently, they got a jillion more people signing up than they expected, and the system's all clogged up with half-made accounts.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Tanky

I'd like you all to do me a personal favour and NOT, repeat NOT get sky broadband if you're the kind of person that thinks being rude and shouty to call centre employees is a terribly clever thing to do and will actually get you somewhere. Otherwise I shall tell Booga where you live. Thankyou :)

paulvonscott

My brother finally gave up on sky after being a die hard satellite user because they fucked him about so much with organising and providing the instillation.  He just told them to stuff it in the end and got himself (and me!) a freeview box with a huge harddrive and will spend the rest of his money on DVD's or Blockbusters.  Being able to record what's on freeview so easily means I actually have more TV than I need which is quite a novelty.

My own view is that nobody should buy or use Murdoch owned products anyway. Why give someone the power to choose our prime minister?

Carlsborg Expert

Like I said, don't get mad. Get even. Talk directly to the people who are busy avoiding you.

Duds 's the one allocating shouting.

My partner clearly announced her plans in a non-hysterical and reasonable way. They decided it was in their best business interest to cut the ongoing suit of our financial misery, short. All done with the click of the fingers.

She only ever gets shouty at me. That's the only time she reflects the company she keeps.

I wonder why? fawn

Jim_Campbell

"and some of the muppets at T-Mobile"

If we're on the subject of piss-poor customer service, remind me to get my colleague Tom to write up his more-than-eight-week experience of trying to get Bulldog to honour their commitment to install his broadband connection.

While they were taking his money the whole time.

Their basic response through this whole period seems to have been: "Yeah, we know it's a bit crap, but we're oversubscribed and we sent you an e-mail updating you on the progress of your order."

Blithely overlooking the small point of: How the fuck are you supposed to check your e-mail when you're waiting for them to come round and install your fucking internet connection?

Yes, he has it working now. Yes, he says it's as fast as a very fast thing indeed. But I will personally never go near them with a very long pole indeed, based on his experience and their flat refusal to refund his money despite being in clear breach of contract once they had exceeded their initial promise of four week connection time.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.