Main Menu

Cruelest but amusing insult ever!

Started by moonbeam, 09 February, 2007, 10:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Another classic line (not an insult) from Spike:

"When I look back, the fondest memory I have is not really of the Goons. It is of a girl called Julia with enormous breasts."
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

W. R. Logan

think the cruelest insult ive seen here was from many posters who said a certain persons film scripts were shit.

http://www.arthurwyatt.co.uk/images/blog/death.jpg">

TordelBack

Absolutely not an insult, but probably intended as one is the legendary review of the magnificent Time Bandits:

"The best movie ever made about time-travelling dwarfs."

Incidentally, earlier today I discovered a line of greeting cards with Spike cartoons on them - my family and friends better look out.  For my brother's birthday tomorrow, he will be receiving:

"The Leopard is easily spotted.  Just fill in the white circles".

God, I loved that man.

WoD

The best (or worst) is this one actually...

Jeremy Beadle has a small willy, but on the other hand...

Rob Spalding

There was one I caught while forced to endure Dancing on Ice while eating dinner:

"I don't think you would exude warmth if you were on fire."

Mike Carroll

> Spike Milligan - best insult ever -

Probably Milligan's most famous - or notorious remark - was in 1994 when, at the age of 76, he was receiving a Lifetime Achievement Comedy Award. A letter praising him from the Prince of Wales, an enormous fan, was read out - and in front of a stuffed-shirt audience and millions of TV viewers, Milligan declared: "Little grovelling bastard ..."

That's odd... I remember this one a bit differently.

The letter from Prince Charles began, "I've been a fan of yours since the days of steam radio..." - which is an old Goon Show joke - at which point Spike said, "The robbing bastard!"

Maybe I've had that wrong all these years!

My own favourite insult, uttered by a friend of mine about someone he thoroughly disliked: "I didn't know they could pile shite that high."

- Mike

JOE SOAP

Dudley's right Spike uttered "little grovelling bastard", its one of those moments you never forget after seeing it.

Wils

one of those moments you never forget after seeing it.

Like watching Tommy Cooper die live on telly. I was only 9 at the time, but can vividly remember everything about it, right down to the blonde woman who started sobbing over his boddy when she came out to check on him after he'd collapsed.

Matt Timson

Did he?  I always thought he died in his dressing room- or am I getting confused with Eric Morcambe?
Pffft...

House of Usher

Tommy Cooper died backstage (in his dressing room?), but it was a live show, and we all saw him collapse on stage prior to his death which followed very shortly after. In effect, we did see him die.
STRIKE !!!

Carlsborg Expert

That one on Shrek was awful.

I think the prince says" If you are going to insist on being alive when no-one wants you to be could at least be quiet."

something like that.

I think insults can be amusing. It is very rare and like Knighty said, you have be a very tooled up writer...

That insult is a bit shit, moonie. It is sizest, ignorant, isolatory and damaged.

DavidXBrunt

I distinctly remember Tommy collapsing and the curtains hastily falling...but not covering his huge feet.

As for Spike, I took it as "Oh dear, this letter isn't going to end. Be funny" rather than a genuine insult. However the scale of the insult, the fact that it threw Jonathon Ross, and the fact that it was perfectly timed can't be beaten.

DavidXBrunt

YouTube, YouTube...sort out our failing memories please...

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7b6QqlJvYk" target="_blank">Timing is everything

manicmarv

Nah. Tommy Cooper died on stage. I also remember seeing it. His feet weren't covered. They kept running as they thought it was part of his act until he didn't get up. It was Eric Morecambe who died in his dressing room after doing a show.

Mike Carroll

> YouTube, YouTube...sort out our failing memories please...

Woah, that's weird! I remembered that one completely wrong! Gawd bless YouTube!

-- Mike