Main Menu

...RAAAHHHH!!!, PRIMEVAL EPISODE ONE TONIGHT. ITV. 7:45pm...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 10 February, 2007, 06:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Better than I was expecting it to be, and a lot less disappointing than Robin Hood and Torchwood was.

- Steve

pauljholden

I really enjoyed that - more so than Torchwood - it weirdly it seemed less childish than torchwood (which had an adoloscent need to bang on about sex and snogging all the bloody time). By rights by expectations should have been low for the show but I was looking forward to it and looney bits aside (really? you'll let the prof dander through the anomaly with one soldier used to desert warfare and ... hang on... why do people keep saying it's a desert, it isn't... anyways...)

Course could be I've always been a sucker for Dinosaurs and next weeks looks fab (though the centipede reminds of the centipede in James and the Giant Peach)

- pj

paulvonscott

"at least it didn't insult my intelligence as much as the Beeb's output has done"

Yes, that was surprising.

I thought it had a largely likeable cast as well.

"I'll be back next week."

Yeah, me too.

Natsan

I think having it on ITV has kind of helped, as we all went in with low expectations because of that and thus have been pleasantly surprised.

Jared Katooie

Shite, I missed it.

Was there any killin's?

Buttonman

Was there a premium rate phone in to see who'll be eaten next week?

ukdane

Repeated tomorrow: Sunday 11 February
4:30pm - 5:30pm
ITV1 London
Cheers

-Daney

Quirkafleeg

Did'nt see all of it but what I did see had my very surprised... I mean the effects still look a bit bobbins but it just seems so much fun compared to Torchwood and New Who

Mr C

I was pleasantly surprised by it. Unlike Who it is fun and the cast doesn't annoy the hell out of me. They seem to be more like actual characters rather than broad stereotypes seemingly placed there to pander to focus groups. And hey, it's got dinosaurs in it!
And yes, I'll be back next week as well.

paulvonscott

It does have the now obligatory geek in it, to show the show itself isn't for geeks, but for people who laugh at geeks.

Bico

It was fun, that.  I didn't like the token kiddie shoehorned in for no good reason, but then no-one who watches these things ever does - not even the kids who watch these things.  His early appearances were also directly lifted from the plot of the tv series Surface, complete with pet cgi lizard that's actually a prehistoric creature.
/pointless nitpicks
How come the big dino-monster could samsh his way through fire doors, but not balsawood?  Or how did he manage to lose track of that child in an 8X6 bedroom when it had just tracked him across several kilometers from a single drop of blood?  Come to think of it - WHY did he chase that kid?  Was it for food?  Only the dino had a perfectly good chance to chomp on that chap he knocked out cold - who later managed to shoot dead what had escaped harm from trained military personel.

Utterly illogical, derivative and nonsensical, but  entertaining - which is all that really matters, surely?

COMMANDO FORCES

I haven't got time to watch it today so it's Monday for me.
Glad the initial response is favourable.

ARRISARRIS

...very good tea time show, i didnt tape it, but when they were in prehistoric times and found the skeletons and camping stuff, was that a Yorkie bar or something he picked up? but it didnt look right? a team from the future that met a sticky end? and not just his wife???...

... also a fun hobby of mine, his wife is called Helen, watch 5 out of ten new series and one of the new Characters will be called Helen, try it, youll see...

the3rdman

it was ridiculously bad! I watched it with the wife and at one point noticed we were both sat there shaking our heads in disbelief. She asked if it was supposed to be a comedy?
The script was that predictable that I was finishing lines off. "where's he going?" dramatic pause....... "home". The cheesiest TV I seen for ages.

Hopefully next week will involve the male model, fake tan side kick getting his face chewed off.
That would be worth watching.

TordelBack

Terribly, terribly silly, but rather nice to look at and actually good fun to watch.  I like the idea that there are rifts/portals to other time periods, gives the whole thing legs.  The good woman pointed out that they're probably a by-product of that twonk Nigel from Prehistoric Park driving his jeep back and forward through time.  Anyway, it's not Robin Hood.